Big Bird Replica Half-finished

Keeermit

Reaction score
i will try zns - its very hard to get many puppets looking at the camera though.... i'll give it a shot though

Teenager's

Reaction score
Excelent!...And you chose a good version of Big Bird to build too...I like that...Make sure you send that to Mr. Spinney!

Lucky enough you have high ceilings eh?...lol

SSLFan

Reaction score
That Big Bird is amazing! 2 thumbs up! I can't wait til' you finish it! Is the suit heavy?

zns

Reaction score
i will try zns - its very hard to get many puppets looking at the camera though.... i'll give it a shot though
Do what you feel is best. If it's too difficult for you to do, that's just fine. I understand completly

Keeermit

Reaction score
the suit is extremely light - i can hold the whole thing with two fingers holdong his beak.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Jarrod amamzing as always words cant even beging to say what talend you have....and personally i always wanted to see you make an adult skeeter to scoooter just to see your veiw on her

Keeermit

Reaction score
ok work on Big Bird is going well, I have also just started a fozzie :embarrassed: which I hope to have photos up next week.... then I may attempt a Pepe :rolleyes:

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Hey Jarrod (if thats your name... if not... it is now :smile: ) i've always seen great work from you but never expected Big Bird to be a part of your collection.

I myself thought to do a big bird. But i'm so amature its not something i can do off the bat.

If i may ask, did you make a foam base, then add feathers? Or can you not reveal what you used to stick feathers on.

Was it expensive to buy all those feathers?

Keeermit

Reaction score
Hey there Cookie, yes thats my REAL name, Big Birds head is a foam skull with feathers hot glued to it one at a time, his body is made with netting with hoops to give it shape - the feathers are also hot glued on one at a time - over 5000 feathers so far and counting, it has cost me a fair bit to make so far and I have just bought his large tail feathers which were expensive. I have been making him a little at a time so it hasn't been just one big cost, its been fun - and many many hours of work . Hope this helps