The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Drtooth

Reaction score
I heard this terrible sounding song where the "chipmunks" sung some rap song (actually, it was several that I dont know the name of). It was awful, listening to it was a new form of torture

Was that really in the soundtrack? Check this out. Every hack comedian on Youtube can tweak the pitch of the real singers of any given song, and slap random chipmunks artwork over it.

Much like how some people were bale to tweak the pitch, and give the real Chipmunks voices.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
no, I dont think it was the actual soundtrack. I think it was just like the pitch thingy your talking about, which was why I put chipmunks in quotation marks. I dunno, someone brought this cd into school with these so called chipmunk songs and played it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lol, well's kind of a trend right now...

I've got a friend on YouTube who loves country music, and she'll change the tempo of these tunes to make them sound like they're being sung by the Chipmunks, and will make a little music video out of them, choosing various character to "sing" them, like just recently she did one with Jeanette and the song "Single White Female"; it's actually kind of cute.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well the songs that you here on the film are on the soundtrack. And I think they actually do rap on it lol!:eek:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
well, I highly doubt that if the chipmunks did rap they would be unedited, cause the person who brought it in said some of the songs where unedited

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, the Chipmunks rapping is NOTHING new. Check out the Chipmunks go to the Movies episode "Back to Alvins Future". Rapping gets them in trouble in the past, before it existed.

And of course, the ending of the Chipmunks anniversary special in the 90's. They had a Christmas Rap piece at the ending of that one.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, the Chipmunks rapping is NOTHING new. Check out the Chipmunks go to the Movies episode "Back to Alvins Future". Rapping gets them in trouble in the past, before it existed.
Oh yeah, that was hilarious, old school Dave sent them to bed and was on the phone with the doctor like "They look terrible doc, and they're HALUCINATING! Gabbering about synthes-somethings and wrapping paper, and WEARING A MOOSE ON MY HEAD!"
And of course, the ending of the Chipmunks anniversary special in the 90's. They had a Christmas Rap piece at the ending of that one.
And what's even funnier about that is that Ross talked about how he and Janice tried to write the rap themselves, and he said it was "the lamest rap two white people could ever write" until Will Smith tweaked it up and turned it into a "wonderful rap".

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh yeah, that was hilarious, old school Dave sent them to bed and was on the phone with the doctor like "They look terrible doc, and they're HALUCINATING! Gabbering about synthes-somethings and wrapping paper, and WEARING A MOOSE ON MY HEAD!"
Don't forget about micro-thingies.:big_grin: