The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still cannot believe no local affililate of a network station (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, etc) has added the 80s series to the lineups in succession with the movie... my local FOX did with Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still cannot believe no local affililate of a network station (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, etc) has added the 80s series to the lineups in succession with the movie... my local FOX did with Rocky and Bullwinkle.
As I said somewhere else, there IS no local syndication for animated or children's programming anymore. Maybe a coupls cheap loose 1990's educational shows at 7 am on Sunday morning to fill that FCC requirement, but that's it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Spiderwick came out a couple weeks ago, and I feel the mass audience felt that Waterhorse was too pretentious a film.
Pretentious, now that's an intriguing term to use, hehe. Why was it pretentious? (I actually haven't seen it so I'm curious)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Pretentious, now that's an intriguing term to use, hehe. Why was it pretentious? (I actually haven't seen it so I'm curious)
My guess is that some might construe some of the advertising for “Water Horse” as presumptuous, but not necessarily pretentious. It kept getting billed as "Babe" meets "ET". Now that is a bit presumptuous. But the film itself appeared to be a straight-on story that didn't play down to a kiddie audience and from what I've read that's how it turned out. :search:

However I also heard it was kind of cold. As cute as that creature is it still doesn't seem huggable. It only made a modest $40 million at the domestic box office. That surprised me More people wanted to see the fuzzy, funny Chipmunks a second or third time. "Water Horse" comes to DVD April 8th and I will be seeing it then so I'll post my findings. My partner will likely get it for us on Blu-ray so at least it'll be hi-def. :coy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Haha...

Made a request at YouTube just hours earlier today, and it's been met, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxqoPKC1mH8

Audio only, but it's from the album "Still Squeaky After All These Years", featuring Alvin interviewing Ross Bagdasarian Jr.

Really interesting hearing the origins of The Chipmunks and "David Seville" from the horse's mouth.

And I still hope this new DVD of The Chipmunk Adventure coming out this Tuesday has some (more) better special features.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Awesome interview! And I was just watching that special about then through the years not that long ago and I hadn't seen it in a long time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Awesome interview! And I was just watching that special about then through the years not that long ago and I hadn't seen it in a long time.
I've never even seen it before, but that was so funny Ross talking about him and Janice TRYING to write a rap for the 90s segment, and him saying it was "the lamest rap two white people could ever write". I cracked up at that! At least Will Smith saved the day.