The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Redsonga

Reaction score
There's something about ladies and candles... I mean, my mom LOVES candles, and whenever Christmas came around, she always got me a bunch of candles to give to my teachers as gifts.
Oh don't get me wrong, I am a girl and I love candles:flirt: ...but it seems to be an odd mature feeling in clip form like that for a pre-schooler baby version of characters film...I guess I was thinking it would be more like Baby Looney Tunes or Muppet Babies, bright and cute and light..Hmmm...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh don't get me wrong, I am a girl and I love candles:flirt: ...but it seems to be an odd mature feeling in clip form like that for a pre-schooler baby version of characters film...I guess I was thinking it would be more like Baby Looney Tunes or Muppet Babies, bright and cute and light..Hmmm...
Well, you got to remember, too, those were cartoons, so naturally, the artists, and painters on these shows are going to make things look all bright, cute, and light, but this is live-action, and real-life is never all that bright, cute, and light.

But then again, she's supposed to live in like a magical house, isn't she? So, yeah, maybe it WOULD'VE been a bit more bright and cute and stuff, I don't know...

Anyway, at least that last half of that clip was kind of cutesy-wootsy what with Dave showing up and them all so thrilled out of their skulls to see him.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I've seen bright cute and light live action shows before -.- A lot of them in fact :wink:. One of the newest ones I can think of with puppets is Lazy Town (which is very fun IMHO)

An older movie thingie I can remember in this same style (that is, like that mini-mucks video) is Huggabunch, which scared me silly when I was litttle..

I guess I don't see Dave needing a romance in any verison of the show, besides Mrs. Miller's really funny crush on him...

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's weird seeing the face behind the voice. I dunno. From the 2 seconds we get to see him, he seemed too.....stiff for the big screen.
Yeah, he's alright, but they clearly wanted someone more professional. This movie looks a bit.. odd.... but then again, in their earliest appearance on TV, the chipmunks were puppets. Not the Muppety kind, of course (as the case here), but more of the "Time for Beany"/"Mr. Roger's land of Makebelieve" hand puppets with non-moving mouths. :wisdom:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess I don't see Dave needing a romance in any verison of the show, besides Mrs. Miller's really funny crush on him...
Whoa, seriously? Man, I knew it had been forever since I've seen the show, but it must have been longer than that, because I don't remember Miss Miller having a crush on Dave... *snickers* Oh, wait a minute, who am I to laugh? Look who I have a crush on!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Whoa, seriously? Man, I knew it had been forever since I've seen the show, but it must have been longer than that, because I don't remember Miss Miller having a crush on Dave... *snickers* Oh, wait a minute, who am I to laugh? Look who I have a crush on!
Who did you have a crush on? Simon?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Who did you have a crush on? Simon?
Do I look gay to you?

Seriously, though, no! As a child, I will admit I had a faint crush on Jeanette. She seemed the most appealing.

Simon IS my favorite Chipmunk, though, because out of the three (him, Alvin, and Theodore), he's the most relatable for a nerd like me, same with Jeanette, though she's more relatable for the whole "lovable klutz" factor.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Do I look gay to you?

Okay, okay, you're obviously still a little n00b, so let me educate you before everyone else answers for me...

I have an "unconventional" crush on Kathy Greenwood, a highly talented, but severly under-rated comedic actress who hails from Canada.

Simon's my favorite Chipmunk, yes, because he's the most relatable for a nerd like me out of the three; Jeanette is also very relatable, but mostly because of the whole "lovable klutz" factor. I had a FAINT crush on her, when I was much younger, obviously, because you know how kids are.

And... good-golly Miss Molly, this thread has just taken the wrong turn at Alberquerque!
Aw, that is sweet :smile:
Sorry, I did not know you were a guy..In fact, I don't know many peoples genders here yet. Sometimes it's harder to tell *wishes they had the gender symbol thingie of other forums*.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*wishes they had the gender symbol thingie of other forums*.
Yeah, lots of people have requested gender options, because sometimes it IS hard to tell!

Aw poop, Red quoted me before I finished editing my original post!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I wonder who they would get to play Miss Miller in the second film?