The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

D'Snowth

Reaction score
http://www.jlcamera.com/chipmunks.htm

Features both Janice and Ross on camera, the Chipmunk and Chipette puppets, and a couple of weird gopher-like things that jump out of Alvin's eyes.

Can't say much for the puppetry, though, but I heard they weren't given a really big budget to work with, so they probably couldn't afford to have seasoned puppeteers.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Don't I know you from somewheres?
Um, around here maybe? That is just my 'omg' japanese smilie..
I think it is something about the puppets they don't seem to have much emotion in their faces...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Um, around here maybe? That is just my 'omg' japanese smilie..
It reminds me of someone I once knew from another forum who used to use that exact same expression: capital 'O', period, lowercase 'O' (:confused:) all the time! Well, not ALL the time, just whenever someone says something that made her kind of cringe or make her want to grab a brainscrubber or something.
I think it is something about the puppets they don't seem to have much emotion in their faces...
I think their eyebrows detattachable so they can be positioned for a variety of expressions... but yeah, I see what you mean... I think a better job could've been done not only with the puppeteering, but with the puppets as well.

Telly

Reaction score
It's weird seeing the face behind the voice. I dunno. From the 2 seconds we get to see him, he seemed too.....stiff for the big screen.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's weird seeing the face behind the voice. I dunno. From the 2 seconds we get to see him, he seemed too.....stiff for the big screen.
There's also an interview with him and Janice on YouTube right now, and he seems to have the same characteristic that I have that everybody complains about: the involuntary hand gestures while you're talking.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I actually think he was one of the good parts of the video, I think it could have done without the lady and the odd candle setup...It looks out of place in a bright and cheery (at least I think it is suppose to be a bright and cheery ) movie :stick_out_tongue:
But seeing as the intro looked like something from a bad Gumby short (IMHO) maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up *lol*...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think it could have done without the lady and the odd candle setup...
There's something about ladies and candles... I mean, my mom LOVES candles, and whenever Christmas came around, she always got me a bunch of candles to give to my teachers as gifts.