The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Telly

Reaction score
I guess I just don't want the boys' thunder to get stolen! :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I am all for a Chipette sequal
I am too, but gee whiz, I mean, those comments! Other articles actually quote both Justin Long and Matthew Gray Gubler about how they feel about the Chipettes, Matthew Gray said he'd be willing to pay big bucks to see them naked. That's just messed up.

I can see it now: A Special Edition of America's Most Wanted: When Fans Go Too Far and Exploit Anthropormorphic Animated Characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am too, but gee whiz, I mean, those comments! Other articles actually quote both Justin Long and Matthew Gray Gubler about how they feel about the Chipettes, Matthew Gray said he'd be willing to pay big bucks to see them naked. That's just messed up.

I can see it now: A Special Edition of America's Most Wanted: When Fans Go Too Far and Exploit Anthropormorphic Animated Characters.
Well, it's pretty iffy concerning nudity and cartoon animals, since quite a few cartoon female animals are already just in fur. But that doesn't mean they can't have a female shape and be an animal without clothes. Perfect example, Cleo from Heathcliff. She has the shape, but it's far from in appropriate. Besides, who says they won't be wearing clothes?

Now let's stop this before it gets too undignified :attitude:

Teheheman

Reaction score
I dunno, there are a lot of animals that are naked. Take that cat that Pepe Le Pew was always chasing. Donald Duck and Porky Pig didn't wear pants in some of their cartoons. Chip and Dale didn't wear pants either in the Rescue Rangers cartoons, so I don't feel that animal nudity is a big deal. But then again, our society frowns upon all kinds of nudity so ya never know.

Daniel

Telly

Reaction score
If they had kept the Chipmunks without clothes, I could see the Chipettes not wearing clothes without it being a big deal. I guess I just don't know how they're going to fit today's style on the girls. I'm sure they'll figure something out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If they had kept the Chipmunks without clothes, I could see the Chipettes not wearing clothes without it being a big deal. I guess I just don't know how they're going to fit today's style on the girls. I'm sure they'll figure something out.
Maybe they could be "stuck in the 80s"? You know, kind of like how in both The Brady Bunch Movie and A Very Brady Sequel, the Bradys were all still parading around in polyester shirts, and bell-bottom pants?

I don't know... I haven't seen much of the recent little made-for-TV (or direct-to-video, whatever) specials and movies they did in the past decade or so, how did that work out with them?

Telly

Reaction score
For Alvin & the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman, Brittany lost the scarf and leg warmers and wore a purplish jacket. It worked. The other two were still in their same wardrobe.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For Alvin & the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman, Brittany lost the scarf and leg warmers and wore a purplish jacket. It worked. The other two were still in their same wardrobe.
Hmm... well, there's an idea of what kind of outfit they might give Brittany if she's if in the next movie; but I thought purple was Jeanette's color?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe they could be "stuck in the 80s"? You know, kind of like how in both The Brady Bunch Movie and A Very Brady Sequel, the Bradys were all still parading around in polyester shirts, and bell-bottom pants?
NO! NO! Visions of people playing CD's on record players... GAAAAAAHHHHH....

If they brought Alvin in the modern era via hip hop and such, I don't understand how they can't do something similar. They could be a girl rock band, and R&B band, a pop band. There's so much you can do with those characters.