The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
*Blink* Is your username misleading, or are you... um...

Anyway, I agree... they're going to alter the voices anyway, why pay all that extra for A-List celebrities to have their voices changed when they could have Ross and Janice do it themselves like they've been doing?

Also, if the Chipettes are supposedly going to make cameos at the end of this one, or are going to be in a sequel I've heard talks about, does this mean they'll be getting like Evan Rachel Wood, Mischa Barton, and/or Lindsay Lohan to do their voices?

AAARGGGGGGGGGH!
:smile: User name? I'm Frogboy Jamie [insert bad staff picture here] - the longtime Muppet Central graphics guy (sometimes Palisades figure guy) that kind of took some time off for a while. Or did you mean that "frog" meant I have bulgy eyes and "boy" meant I am much younger? I still get carded when my friends (and even my younger brother) don't. But that's beside the point. Why didn't they just hire the cast of High School Musical while they were at it? Ugh! But I do like Justin Long. I have to say. I'll likely never own a Mac again, but I never mind seeing his ads. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, I'm still on the fence about this. Part of me wants to actually see this film, but most of me wants to avoid it. Really Disappointed they had to redub over Dave Seville Jr.'s (and Janice Karmine's) voce acting. Pretty sad they had to go the C-list celeb route.

Anyway, fart, poop, and sex jokes aside, I think this will be meh at best. And Curses for not having someone release the Alvin Show on DVD during the film's release. Out of the other Alvin and the Chipmunks cartoons that would have been the easiest one to release (considering the fact the Alvin Show used mostly original songs or public domain stuff).

Plus, I'm bummed there hasn't been a surge of classic A&C merchandise yet. Eiter 50's or 80's style. That's usually the upside to these kinds of films.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I feel the exact same way... in a way, I kind of do want to see it, but for the most part, I want to avoid it.

For the most part, for some reason, I kind of feel Jason Lee is kind of misplaced for the part of Dave Seville, whenever I see these promos, it's almost like it's watching Earl (having shaved off his mustache and cut his hair) yelling at Randy who's pretending to be all three chipmunks.

Teheheman

Reaction score
The previews don't look TOO bad. I mean, this maybe a DVD rental at best. Although, I've enjoyed Jason Lee on My Name is Earl, so I don't know. I might enjoy it. Not enough to shell out that much money for it. But still, a little bit anyways. I am a little shocked they haven't thought of releasing any Chimpmunks stuff on DVD or anything. I don't think though that this is anything like yo mama's chimpmunks so I don't know.

Daniel

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I don't think though that this is anything like yo mama's chimpmunks
Our 'munks were the originals (albeit redone for the 80's) and don't deserve this travesty, just as Underdog, Garfield, and others before them! :frown: Why can't Hollywood leave the classics alone and not turn them into B or C list garbage? :cry:

Drtooth

Reaction score
But still, a little bit anyways. I am a little shocked they haven't thought of releasing any Chimpmunks stuff on DVD or anything. I don't think though that this is anything like yo mama's chimpmunks so I don't know.

They released a small amount of 3 episode DVD's, not really coinciding with the film's release. The last one was the disappointing Chipmunks got to the movies, which only had 3 episodes out of 13 in it.

The only other stuff is a Cd soundtrack and video game based off the movie.

That said:

Our 'munks were the originals (albeit redone for the 80's) and don't deserve this travesty, just as Underdog, Garfield, and others before them! Why can't Hollywood leave the classics alone and not turn them into B or C list garbage?

Underdog was a mistake from the get go. At least with Garfield they got a tiny aspect of it right. And I applaud Bill Murray's vocal usage for the Cat. That's the only thing I can applaud, though.

Underdog seemed like they wanted to make a superhero dog movie, and just grabbed a famous name brand to stick to it.

I don't know why Hollywood keeps remaking cartoons, since every single one of them was a flop, except the first Flintstones. Though Popeye is an underappreciated film, IMO.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Though Popeye is an underappreciated film, IMO.
Though that was because that film didn't deviate from the canon of the original franchise and was budgeted with the near flawless cast.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yet, people constantly say how terrible it was. Which disappoints me, because as far as I'm conserned, Robin Williams disappeared into the role, and Shelly Duval is Olive Oyl. And I don't mean in the movie. In real life.

For me, I cannot wait for Speed Racer. I'm going to put it in another thread, but the Matrix Bros really did a service to fans of this franchise by making the film perfectly cast and sticking as close to the source material as possibibble. Even the trailer looked good. Plus I will say, I'm very glad they didn't make the characters speak sped up trying to match the mouths English the dub had.

Though I still worry about the Dragon Ball film...