The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just like violence is horrible, no matter what. They made their point with this little animated piece.
Bone chilling and truthful.

But as far as the Smurfs go, it's not as if they weren;t still popular in their native Europe. I can remember a few years back, there was this Italian market that had imported stuff. It had imported Smurf cookies. Sadly, they never had them again, and I didn't get the chance to get them that one time.

Off topic, there are an awful lot of Japanese/Asian import grocers that I can get to, and I always buy Anpanman cookies.

But back on topic... I dunno... they still sell Schliche (sp?) figurines in independant toy stores. They are clearly imports, but that's gotta be something.

And don't forget the upcoming DVD.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Look at how poorly Underdog did.
And yet, despite that, people went to see it and sadly, many of the younger generation actually praised the film...:frown: Co-creator Harris hit the ceiling and still they up and ruined his canine hero's legacy. Wally Cox must be rolling in his grave. *shakes head*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay... what the **** just happened? From what I was told, Ross Bagdasarian Jr. and his wife Janice Karman were going to supply the voices of the Chipmunks (Ross doing Alvin and Simon, and Janice doing Theodore like they've been doing for the past three decades), and then all of the sudden Justin Long (whom I'm actually a fan of from Dodgeball) is doing Alvin, Jesse McCartney is doing Theodore, and I don't know who the **** is doing Simon... when did THIS happen? ! WHY? !

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Okay... what the **** just happened? From what I was told, Ross Bagdasarian Jr. and his wife Janice Karman were going to supply the voices of the Chipmunks (Ross doing Alvin and Simon, and Janice doing Theodore like they've been doing for the past three decades), and then all of the sudden Justin Long (whom I'm actually a fan of from Dodgeball) is doing Alvin, Jesse McCartney is doing Theodore, and I don't know who the **** is doing Simon... when did THIS happen? ! WHY? !
Corporations controlled choices, that's what happened. 'Tis a sad aspect of Hollywood in this current day and age.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Why indeed! I enjoy Justin Long, (best known as the cute guy in the Mac commercials) but why recast the voices if they'll just be filtered anyway?
Matthew Gray Gubler (an actor best known as the cute young alterna-nerd in Criminal Minds on CBS) is barely known. And Jesse McCartney (star of long-cancelled Summerland show and teeny-pop star) as Theodore? It just reduces the characters I grew up watching on Saturday mornings. :sympathy:

This will not put me off seeing the film, but I am not happy about it. And just when I was getting excited that Rhythem and Hues of Golden Compass and next year's new Narnia film provided the CG effects. :grouchy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why indeed! I enjoy Justin Long, (best known as the cute guy in the Mac commercials) but why recast the voices if they'll just be filtered anyway?
Matthew Gray Gubler (an actor best known as the cute young alterna-nerd in Criminal Minds on CBS) is barely known. And Jesse McCartney (star of long-cancelled Summerland show and teeny-pop star) as Theodore? It just reduces the characters I grew up watching on Saturday mornings. :sympathy:

This will not put me off seeing the film, but I am not happy about it. And just when I was getting excited that Rhythem and Hues of Golden Compass and next year's new Narnia film provided the CG effects. :grouchy:
*Blink* Is your username misleading, or are you... um...

Anyway, I agree... they're going to alter the voices anyway, why pay all that extra for A-List celebrities to have their voices changed when they could have Ross and Janice do it themselves like they've been doing?

Also, if the Chipettes are supposedly going to make cameos at the end of this one, or are going to be in a sequel I've heard talks about, does this mean they'll be getting like Evan Rachel Wood, Mischa Barton, and/or Lindsay Lohan to do their voices?

AAARGGGGGGGGGH!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Sadly, our childhood memories are going down the tube and there's not much we could do to stop 'em unless we ourselves get positions of power and don't let get to our heads or if we have enough moolah to persuade those in charge to not alter the main aspect of said childhood memory.