The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Trust me, you just can't sell anything these days without incorporating things like that into it; that's just the kind of horrible world we live in today.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually most of these remakes have not done well at all. Adults don't go to see them, and they don't properly introduce kids to these older characters. Plus the storylines just never work. They really haven't been selling.

Toilet humor jokes have (unfortunately) been in kids movies for years, it's not a recent thing, heh.

There are still good movies being made and people still go to see them. There's just less and less because it's easier to make the low humor ones. I do hope there's a back lash and things start getting better again.

It's hard to understand how we could let the world get so messed up (and I'm not just talking about movies). But then again, I haven't lived a full life time, maybe it's always been this way. It's not an ideal world, it's a flawed one by nature. All we can do it our best.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I can't believe this, but there was some talk not too long ago about a "new Three Stooges" series! Now THAT'S scraping the bottom of the barrel.

No one--but no one--could ever replace Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp and (okay) Joe. I haven't seen much of Curly Joe's work, but I'm sure even HE is irreplaceable!

Fortunately, the estate of the Stooges cancelled these plans.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I saw a teaser cardboard cutout for this at my theatre! All the chipmunks had sunglasses on. The character design looks pretty cool.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't believe this, but there was some talk not too long ago about a "new Three Stooges" series! Now THAT'S scraping the bottom of the barrel.
lemee guess... the plans were by one Jefferey Scott, right? He's been trying for years to bring back his Grandfather (Moe's) work. he even incorporated it into cartoons he wrote, most noticably Muppet babies and Captain N (In "Wishful Thinking" Kid Icarus makes a wish that turns Mother Brain, King Hippo and Eggplant Wizard into Moe, Curley and Larry respectively).

Actually most of these remakes have not done well at all. Adults don't go to see them, and they don't properly introduce kids to these older characters. Plus the storylines just never work. They really haven't been selling.
I said it before and I'll say it again. The Bullwinkle movie got EVERYTHING right, even the obscure "Hail Pottsylvania" anthem that was only used in one episode. They added one tiny thing, and blew the film. I loved it, but no one else did. I say, they could have made it a real moose and a real squirrell, and they talked like gangstas or something.

But I do NOT think kids today are quite that dense. Sure, they watch Disney's crap tweencoms and keep pokemon alive for another million years (Super Mario was the best thing your company ever produced. how 'bout making another Mario cartoon instead!). But I don't think they want Underdog talking like Raphael from the 80's Ninja turtles. I remember a KID actually came up with a petition (that didn't work) to block Loonatics Unleashed.

I mean, Alvin and the Chipmunks could do fine. kids constantly hear "Christmas, christmas time is near" every year. They might have even heard them sing other songs too. But do kids even KNOW about Underdog? Syndication reruns have been dead for years (Blame Judge shows and cable).

I agree. What is the point of hipping something up for an audience that won't care, while alienating a fan base that potentially would see the movie with their kids? I'm boycotting Underdog, myself. i will buy merchandise and the crummy DVD releases, though. But as far as I'm concerned, He's a lovable nebbish who you wouldn't expect to be the strongest in the Universe (I reffer to episode "Zot").

Now, I'm repeating myslef for the trillionth time. TMNT got it right. To the older generation it took after the comics and the movies. To the younger kids, it took after the current cartoon series. It had appeal of BOTH age groups, and it was one of my favorite movies of the year.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score

No one--but no one--could ever replace Moe, Larry, Curly, Shemp and (okay) Joe. I haven't seen much of Curly Joe's work, but I'm sure even HE is irreplaceable!

Fortunately, the estate of the Stooges cancelled these plans.
What? WHAT?

SAVE THOSE LEGENDS FROM HUMILIATION! D:

They certainly can't! It's like making a Thriller video without Michael Jackson and suddenly putting Akon into it!

*Is a stooges fanatic*

Barry Lee

Reaction score
That looks absolutely terrible.
I dont know why ANYBODY would be excited about this movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That looks absolutely terrible.
I dont know why ANYBODY would be excited about this movie.
Obsessive die-hard fans might be excited just because it's Chipmunk related, but yeah, that trailer has killed any interest I MIGHT have had in seeing this movie. Heck, even that "Little Alvin and the Mini-Munks" live action/puppetry DVD special looked better than this.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
lemee guess... the plans were by one Jefferey Scott, right? He's been trying for years to bring back his Grandfather (Moe's) work.
I'm pretty sure it was Scott. It was someone directly related to the Stooges who wanted to revive them with new actors.:rolleyes: