The RHLC!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Comes in and sets glasses and two pitchers of lemonade, one pink and another orange, on the table.
*Hugs Sara. There, that better li'l cuz? Haven't listened to the audio of the memorial yet. And Sara, I believe that if you contact KermiClown via E-mail you can set up a bit of business for that special presentation to be added to your library.

Have a good day everybody.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
That's the one, the one with the conductor reference. I've got to let Mom know about that one; she'll be pleased.

Day after tomorrow, everyone, I'm flying to England for a week with my family, so I'll be out of range. But I promise a full report when I return...and while we're in London, I'm going to try and find Jim and Don's bench on Hampstead Heath, maybe get a few photos of it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds great Erin. Hope you enjoy your little summer lark to London town.
Remember to sneak out in the middle of the night to pay for your hotel stays... The beds will spring up and pin you inside the wall, the lightbulbs will break or shatter by themselves should you ask for someone to turn them out, and tip the bellhop rats as I'm sure you don't want to see what the chambermaids are like... And take care not to incur the wrath of the Graveyard Ghost, or Farkas Faffner should you make it to Faffner Hall as well.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And take care not to incur the wrath of the Graveyard Ghost, or Farkas Faffner should you make it to Faffner Hall as well.
Eh, just tell that Farkas Faffner he's a Philistine!

Have fun in England and hope you find Don and Jim's bench; maybe you'll get some inspiration! :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Ah well, I figured if I didn't come right out and give you a report on my report, one of you would end up asking. I was just waiting to see which one would come first. Well, I bombed
and I knew it. The paper was short, and put together too hastily. Of course as you know, I was going to mention Richard, but I ended up talking about him more than I meant to. The picture and article were probably the reason I got the good grade I did though, so thanks girls! I got a C on the paper itself, but a 13 out of 15 on the presentation. She said when it was averaged, it would probably come out to be a B+!
:smile: So all-in-all, not too bad!
That's great! I'm so happy for you that you got a good grade on it!

I definitely got chills when I first heard his voice, he was a great choice for main speaker. I was pleasantly surprised at how long and meaningful his speeches were.
That doesn't really surprise me. This is Richard Hunt after all were discussing here, so it sounds just like him to me. He seems like someone who the things and people he really cares about really mean a lot to him, and he gives his all a 100% when discussing in full what they mean to him.

I also liked those facts that Richard brought up, about pubs in England altering their hours around TMS's air times and the group of adults and kids in Sumatra gathered around the village's lone set to watch the Muppets. Really shows what kind of effect Jim and the gang had on the world.
That doesn't surprise me, either. It makes perfect sense that the Pubs would be open for this show, because in a sense it is just weird and trippy, and just what someone after a good buzz would want to see.

Hmm good point, you had to work hard to get the roommate you want sometimes, so some of them might have ended up rooming with the humans at the dorm. Lol, one of my favorite parts of the movie is how the human students don't find the Muppets presents there at all strange, lol! Sometimes it's easier to chose roommates once you get in the upper grades, depending on the school's system. I could see Scooter rooming with Gonzo for some reason. Though, he probably wouldn't get any sleep at night! I could also easily see Scooter being the RA of his floor! Lol
Yeah! Scooter just seems like the type that would have a good resamay!

As far as public speaking, depends on the situation. Sometimes I'm terrified and so naturally mess it up, heh. Other times I surprise myself. It just takes practice. The more you do it, the easier it gets.
I know what yo mean. I work better under pressure. But If I have to speak, I really think and reflect on what I'm going to say, and then when I feel like I'm at a place where I'm prepaid mentally, I take my mind completely off it, maybe take a nap and completely focus my mind on something else. I And I keep my mind off it until the very last minute and I do just fine. Sometimes, I review what I'm going to say right before I say it, but that's it. But when I don't think about it and just push myself to go out there, I usually come off as not nervous at all to everybody else. LOL!

Isn't this the Two Headed Monster sketch some of you guys were looking for?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=InsdYb7Tmhs

Lol I love when the "Right Half" first finds the pencil! And the little Anything Muppet boy writing the letter at the end.
I remember seeing this all the time when I was little. Thank you for putting it up on here!

Day after tomorrow, everyone, I'm flying to England for a week with my family, so I'll be out of range. But I promise a full report when I return...and while we're in London, I'm going to try and find Jim and Don's bench on Hampstead Heath, maybe get a few photos of it.
I hope you have fun, Erin!:smile:

It seem to me that Scooter having a little more experience in the adult world, that it would make logical sense that he would challenge Gobo a little more outside of himself. Gobo might even look up to Scooter because he had a little more world experience then he does. Doc really is a kid at heart. But I could really see them both of them having a great relationship together!:smile:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yeah, if Scooter went climbing down a Fraggle hole, or if Gobo had found himself at the Muppet Theater, who knows what kind of fun would have ensued?

Showed Mom the Two-Headed Monster/pencil sketch, and she was laughing about it all afternoon. The last time she saw it was in Anchorage, AK (my birthplace) 18 or so years ago, so she was pleased to see it again.

Okay, guys, like I said, I'm off to London and Edinburgh tomorrow, and Scooter (my laptop, not the Muppet) will be staying safely on my desk here at home, so I'll be out of range. Do try to post some interesting RH-related discussions while I'm gone, won't you? :wink: :smile:

I might post again tomorrow morning, but in case I don't, take care, guys!

Skye

Reaction score
Hope you have a great time, Erin! :smile:

Here's something that's kinda Richard-related, that I thought was kinda cool but a little strange, too. For a little graduation present, my dad got me flowers... peonies. I don't think he's ever gotten me peonies before (my fave flowers are tulips, daffodils, or roses so usually if he gets me flowers, it's one of those). And I just thought it was so odd that he got me peonies, and of course, I thought of Richard when I got 'em! And they've started blooming really nicely, too. Very pretty. :smile: