The RHLC!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Aww, that really is a nice story, Kiki! I had to look up a picture of what peonies look like, I wasn't that familiar with them either, lol. (My favorite's the rose). But they are very pretty, so colorful! I can see why he liked them. And congrats on graduation, did it go well?

Oh man, ok, mentions of Richard can indeed show up in the ODDEST places! I can't find the link right now (and it's driving me crazy!), but I know I saw this on the Internet the other night!

It was some sample text from a recent book, I believe it was called Breaking Autism's Barriers. It was written by a father who's son suffers from the disorder. The son was only four years old, but an amazing speller. He could remember and spell the most random words and logos by heart. At one point, the son spelled "Richard Hunt." The father asked his wife, "Who's Richard Hunt?", but she didn't know either. They finally figured it out, after re-watching The Muppet Movie one day and observing the ending credits!

Makes sense that Richard would still find a way to make his presence known to a child. :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Aw, what a great story, sweetie!
Awww, thank you, sweetheart! :flirt:
Aww, that really is a nice story, Kiki! I had to look up a picture of what peonies look like, I wasn't that familiar with them either, lol. (My favorite's the rose). But they are very pretty, so colorful! I can see why he liked them. And congrats on graduation, did it go well?
.... Ok, I know you know that was me and not Kiki, but anyway. Yeah, I wasn't familiar with peonies either. They're very big flowers when they bloom! And they have a very distinct and strong smell to them, which is really nice. Big and bold... just like Richard! And yeah, the graduation went really well, it was fun. The speeches were pretty inspiring actually, and it was nice to get to be there. Thanks again for the congrats. :smile:

That's an incredible story that you found from that book, Lola... oh, I mean heralde. :wink: What a story! Richard sure does know how to make his presence known to everyone. He clearly makes such an impact on so many people. That's so great!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Awww, thank you, sweetheart!

..... Ok, I know you know that was me and not Kiki, but anyway. Yeah, I wasn't familiar with peonies either. They're very big flowers when they bloom! And they have a very distinct and strong smell to them, which is really nice. Big and bold... just like Richard! And yeah, the graduation went really well, it was fun. Thanks again for the congrats. :smile:

That's an incredible story that you found from that book, Lola... oh, I mean heralde. :wink: What a story! Richard sure does know how to make his presence known to everyone. He clearly makes such an impact on so many people. That's so great!
Oh man, now I'VE done it! Sorry Skye, I swear I saw Kiki's name, lol! Anyway, I'm glad the graduation went well. It's always good when the speeches are worth listening to. And big and bold, very appropriate! I hope you're inspired to be bold as you continue on after college. :wink:

Yeah I know, I couldn't believe what I was reading, like "No, this isn't possible!"

Skye

Reaction score
That's all right, no prob. Lol, ahhh well sometimes I just can't help being bold! :wink: I do love being that way sometimes... you just can't let certain things slip past ya!

Hehe, it sure is crazy and so cool the different places that Richard can turn up sometimes! :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yay, I found the link again! It was on google book search. The book was from 2001 and called Breaking Autism's Barriers, by Bill Davis. I don't think the link will work on here, but here's the quote. Turns how there were quite a few Muppet references, I'll include mostly those here:

"Chris also liked to spell corporate logos before he was even three years old...Some of his other logos were spelled with the words lined up exactly as he saw them, but without letter spaces:

CTW
SESAMESTREET

By age four, Chris was spelling from memory all the titles of video movies he'd watched: FOZZIE'SMUPPETSCRAPBOOK, GONZOPRESENTSMUPPETWEIRDSTUFF, CHILDRENSSONGSANDSTORIES, ROWLFRAPSODIES, COUNTRYMUSIC, ROCKMUSIC, MUPPETTREASURES, TELETUBBIES, WISHBONE, BARNEY...

This child could remember any words he saw! He once spelled the words 'Richard Hunt.' 'Who's Richard Hunt?', I asked. Jae didn't know either. Well, we were watching a Muppet Movie later and happened to notice that the twentieth character printed on the credits was Richard Hunt. For some reason that caught his eye and he remembered it! I found myself looking at him in amazement. His ability to spell and remember words was incredible."

Notice his child had seen Children's Songs and Stories with The Muppets (along with five other Muppet videos)! I tell you, that truely is incredible!

Scooter: And it's grrreat too! :wink:

Yes, Scoots, we know! :smile:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Well, I'm off for my first day at work at a new place! It's called Uniway. I'll be calling people to try to get them to come into the showroom to take a completely free tour!

SO YAYAYAYAY! :smile: *waves arms like Kermit, then dashes off to her car to go*

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That's all right, no prob. Lol, ahhh well sometimes I just can't help being bold! :wink: I do love being that way sometimes... you just can't let certain things slip past ya!
You sure are Big and Bold, sweetie! I've always knticed that about you, and I really love that about you.:flirt:

That does sound like a pretty nice job, Sara!:smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It does sound like an interesting job!

This is from an article with Muppet performer David Rudman from The Chicago Sun-Times:

"His first day on "Sesame Street," he was assigned to be a right-hand man, supplying the right hand for a character while a more experienced puppeteer was to work the head and left hand. But Richard Hunt, one of the main Muppet performers at the time, had confidence that the youngster could do more.

"I'd already worked with the Muppets on a couple things before that and he really wanted me just to jump in," Rudman said. "Richard said, 'You know, I'm not feeling too well. I'm going to go home. Why don't you just do it?' I was like, 'Um, OK.' So he gave me this character."

Suddenly, Rudman was playing a dentist and singing "Who Are the People in Your Neighborhood" with Bob McGrath, the "Sing Along With Mitch" alum who has been with "Sesame Street" since its Nov. 10, 1969, debut.

"That was a surreal experience," Rudman said. "But it was great. It threw me right into the mix at the beginning. It was a good experience." "

Here's the rest of the article, I really enjoyed learning more about David, he's had a interesting career. And I liked his comments on Cookie Monster, hehe. :smile:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4155/is_20040401/ai_n12545904/pg_1

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thank you so much for that, Heralde! I love how Richard always puts so much faith in so younger, new or less experienced Mupperteers and gives them a chance to shine. And how completely amazing is that when the great Frank Oz, who Jim has called a better Puppeteer then himself, to Hand kick David Rudman For the role of Cookie Monster!:smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes, seemingly a lot of mutual respect went around, which is always good.

Cool, we've discussed a few things for MuppetNewsgirl to see when coming back from her trip. :smile: