Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Skye

Reaction score
Ahhh ok. And you know, I think I like that better. That's kinda why I put that "Only once you have to go" was "interesting" because I did think it sounded a little weird, lol! And your new idea of what it might be definitely makes more sense. I like it!

And you're right, them saying something like that does show that they're into the sketch and that they care about the piggies. Which is what we like to hear! :wink:

Lol, awww. well while they sure didn't deserve to die, we know so well just how ok they really are! :big_grin:

Edit: Awww Marty, ya ziffled me! I really love "You're way too young to go." I think that's adorable, and so true for our piggies! I really do love that as the "audience's" response! It's perfect! :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yes I'm sure the piggies would completely agree that they were too young to go.
They must have been pleased their obligation to perform the sketch was over so that they wouldn't have to go again while they were still in their youth.
Hehheh. Another piece of wonderful absolute nonsense statement from your beloved thread leader.
I can't help it. I'm addicted to Piol. :big_grin: :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Hehe yeah, as much as they loved performing the sketch, I'm sure they were totally excited to be finished and know they were safe! :wink:

Hehheh. Another piece of wonderful absolute nonsense statement from your beloved thread leader.
I can't help it. I'm addicted to Piol.
Lol, that's the best! :big_grin: We love the fun nonsense that you occasionally throw our way, our great and odd piggy thread leader! :wink:
We can't blame ya. Piol rocks in our strange little thread here!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hello Laser. Welcome to this weird thread.
It's always great when somebody new makes a first post in here.:smile:

It is a beautiful song to sing along to.

Val-de-ri, Val-de-ra:sing:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
BTW I forgot to mention earlier regarding the hidden dialogue in the laughtrack that I just simply love it so much. In fact I love it to death.:big_grin:

Very appropriate thing to say and I believe it should be obvious why enough my friends. :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Hehe, totally appropriate indeed, Marty. And now that you mention it, I think we all love it to death! :wink: :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Chrales Shults said it best when he said the females just don't make funny physical humor when it involves being serously hurt. But it's always funny when it happens to a guy.

Ya know I was thinking about this point William made awhile back in comment to my fantasy of the pigs being depicted as women. This would have to technically be the third main reason why they used male characters along with the stereo-type of mountain climbers being men plus the overall lack of regular female muppeteers to begin with. Though it could have been perhaps uniquely interesting if Louise or Kathy had done one female member of the trio among two males.

But anyway I think I did a pretty good job of making it seem plausibly workable with my special 1000th post.:big_grin:

I thought it may be another interesting discussion however to address the question just why is it that males have been the traditional gender for such disastrous slapstick comedy? Anybody have any thoughts.:confused:

Skye

Reaction score
That's a very interesting thing to bring up, Marty. And a very good point that William made as well!

Lol hey, I think you did a great job making it plausible in that special post of yours, too! :big_grin: You did an awesome job writing it. However, it is true that most physical comedy is focused around males as opposed to females. I think a lot of that may have to do with the fact that it's just not as funny when it happens to females. It's not necessarily that females don't make it funny, it's just that it's naturally not as funny. Maybe because women are seen as softer, sweeter, etc. I mean, Marty, you said yourself that you felt sorrier for the female piggies than the male piggies! I think that is a perfect example of why it could simply be that when it does come down to being seriously hurt, it's just less funny when it's females. It's a natural view and a natural reaction or feeling for some people to not enjoy females getting physically hurt. I think that is really nice. :smile:

And besides, in something like this, of course we know that the males aren't actually getting hurt, hehe, which is what does make it as funny as it is. But like William (and you, Marty) said, even with that knowledge, it would still most likely be less funny with females (with the exception of your script, of course!), and I do think that's why.