Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
How ironic. But where Beau is concerned the nonsense caused by his dumbness makes perfect sense in a roundabout way of speaking. If you follow what I mean. :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Getting back to what I discovered about the laughtrack I have carefully listened to it through headphones with the volume raised as high as I dare for safety's sake. Don't want to blow my eardrums:eek: Besides sometimes other sounds are in the way and that wouldn't make too much difference in the end, would it?

Anyway I thought I'd give my final updates a little at a time and maybe somebody may want to comment in between them. Be a cute way to get us over post 1500 even if I don't make that post myself.

So for starters when the first piggy falls I am certain there is dialogue. But the sound effect of him striking the bottom with an echoing crash tends to block it off. It seems to be something brief. At times it has sounded like some of the following to me:

"What a shame." "Goin' down." "Crashdown." "What happened?" (I kind of like this one):smile: and either "First pig." or "Last pig."

As the echoing fades there is another bit but it's very very faint and short.
That's the part that sounded like Oink Oink at one time to me.
I have guessed this to be any of the following:

"That's one." "He's one." "He's falling off." "He's fallen off." "He slipped." "A loose rope." "He's a goner." "They lose one." "That leaves two."

That is about all I can remember but I'm afraid I'll probably be unable to decipher that first part exactly. But you can make any combination you like out of my theories.

I'll see if I get a reply shortly before saying any more.:big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
*raises hand* Oooo, I'll reply! :wink:

Absolutely, talk about it being important to listen to it at a safe volume. The piggies (and all of us here) would never want you to blow our your eardrums! And don't you worry, as we get closer to 1500, I'm sure we'll try to make sure our thread leader can make that post! That would be awesome.

Now, speaking of totally awesome things, how awesome that you've heard even more in that laugh track there! It's interesting that you have so many options about what it could be. While it would be great to be able to tell exactly what they're saying, it's fun to have so many options and thoughts about what they could've said! "Crashdown" is a really interesting one, and "What happened" is great too, I agree! Lol, maybe someone was sleeping in that "audience"! :wink:

Lol, and after the echo fades, "He's a goner" would be awfully appropriate for the sketch and the dark humor that's incorporated into it! "He's falling off" or "They lose one" might be more probable for what might've been said, though, but there are some definitely fun ideas for it! I gotta say... I'm still loving "Oink. Oink," though! :big_grin:

Keep it coming, Marty! I'm lookin' forward to reading more!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Now, speaking of totally awesome things, how awesome that you've heard even more in that laugh track there! It's interesting that you have so many options about what it could be. While it would be great to be able to tell exactly what they're saying, it's fun to have so many options and thoughts about what they could've said! "Crashdown" is a really interesting one, and "What happened" is great too, I agree! Lol, maybe someone was sleeping in that "audience"! :wink:

Lol, and after the echo fades, "He's a goner" would be awfully appropriate for the sketch and the dark humor that's incorporated into it! "He's falling off" or "They lose one" might be more probable for what might've been said, though, but there are some definitely fun ideas for it! I gotta say... I'm still loving "Oink. Oink," though! :big_grin:
Thank you Caroline. Ya know I kinda love "Oink! Oink!" myself.:wink:

Interesting that someone may have been asleep in the "audience" though at the time I thought I heard it I was hypothesizing that maybe they could say "What happened?" as a surprise.

Skye

Reaction score
Thank you Caroline. Ya know I kinda love "Oink! Oink!" myself.:wink:

Interesting that someone may have been asleep in the "audience" though at the time I thought I heard it I was hypothesizing that maybe they could say "What happened?" as a surprise.
Hehe, that "Oink. Oink" sure would be cute! :wink:

Lol, yeah... I just couldn't help picturing someone in the audience being startled awake by the crash of the pig falling, and starting to look around, being all sleepily like "Wha? What happened?!" That's just a great picture there! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I had to finish my last post rather abrubtly since I had to go out a moment Caroline.
But you probably guessed that I meant it as an exclamation of surprise and wonder at what just happened then in the sketch. Like how did he suddenly come to fall was what they may have been thinking.

Still I must admit I find your thought about someone being woken up startlingly at that moment very hilarious. Maybe it was Statler and Waldorf attempting to take a nap during the show. What a disappointment for them. They just cannot get a moment's peace during The Muppet Show. :big_grin:

I'm sure enjoying our current conversation. lol

Skye

Reaction score
Oh absolutely, I did know what you meant. And the thought of it being a surprise makes a lot of sense, because naturally it is a surprise! We're not expecting him to fall at all, and that coming out in the reaction from the "audience member" would work great.

But I'm glad you do love my waking up thought! :big_grin: I couldn't help it from popping into my head, and I adore it. Plus, it's just so muppet-like! Lol, I definitely thought about Statler and Waldorf as well! They would be the perfect candidates for that. Gotta love them being constantly bombarded with Muppet Show stuff... they know deep down that they love the show! :wink:

Lol, I'm definitely with ya. I'm loving our current conversation, too!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And when the other two look at each other and say "Uh-oh" the implications would start to sink into the Muppet audience and when they next say "Watch your step" and "Yeah. Yeah." they'd begin to understand the dark humour involved.

I can vouch that in response to the leader piggy's "Watch your step" line there is definitely a voice saying "Hear what he said?"

Also another voice saying something else I can't quite make out. I thought it sounded something like "That'll do."

I think he may be responding to the middle piggy's "Yeah. Yeah." line.
He seems to be saying either "That he'll do" or perhaps "Bet he'll do it" then laughs saying "Watch your step" Hahahaha.

Well it may seem like loose bad grammar in some ways, but it does make a sound theory, doesn"t it?

Kiki

Reaction score
Wow Marty, I wouldn't've ever picked that up, that's incredible!! I havn't watched THW sketch for a while actually, so I might watch it this weekend. I also love your idea, for me to draw the three HW piggies, I'm workin' on it now, actually! :smile:

Btw, 100th page- congrats!! :big_grin: