Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Do you have the show on video or dvd Katie?

You won't be able to hear it naturally but I bet you'll be thinking about these things I've been sharing as you watch it.

That's great. I bet we'll love your drawing/s when they're done. :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Btw, 100th page- congrats!! :big_grin:

Wow. 100 pages!:excited:

I only have 38 but then I have the forum set up to display 40 posts per page for me. The difference is incredible.

Fank you dear friend for your congrats. Here's to the second hundred pages.:big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
And when the other two look at each other and say "Uh-oh" the implications would start to sink into the Muppet audience and when they next say "Watch your step" and "Yeah. Yeah." they'd begin to understand the dark humour involved.

I can vouch that in response to the leader piggy's "Watch your step" line there is definitely a voice saying "Hear what he said?"

Also another voice saying something else I can't quite make out. I thought it sounded something like "That'll do."

I think he may be responding to the middle piggy's "Yeah. Yeah." line.
He seems to be saying either "That he'll do" or perhaps "Bet he'll do it" then laughs saying "Watch your step" Hahahaha.

Well it may seem like loose bad grammar in some ways, but it does make a sound theory, doesn"t it?
I do really like the "Hear what he said?" in response to the "Watch your step line"... that's still one of my favorites, for some reason. It definitely makes it stand out more, which is awesome! And makes it seem more natural.

Your theory for the "That'll do" or "That he'll do" line makes a lot of sense. I like the idea of "That he'll do" the best, I think it flows great. And laughing saying "Watch your step" is just hilarious! They're havin' fun! :big_grin:

Lol, bad grammar... well, that works better, I think, because in the audience, they're sitting back and just letting these thoughts come to them (generally speaking) so they're saying whatever comes to their mind in the order it comes. Doesn't always make the most sense, but hey, that's the Muppets for ya! :wink:

I'm loving the updates for what they said, Marty, and I can't wait to hear more!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
BTW I think I may have actually figured out what the first lines really are despite the difficulty.

I have carefully listened to it as hard as I can and I've come to the conclusion that the immediate line is "Now there're two." The reason it's hard is that they laugh ha ha first then speak rather quickly so that the Now and the there're sound like one single syllable. It appears to sound like Nartoo. Plus the first piggy's crash adds to the difficulty.

As for the other bit I've come to the final conclusion that it's "A pig's fallen off." I also realized that afterwards before the exchange between the remaining piggies there is a "Wah Wah Wah" This sounds like somebody making a mock expression of distress. This has made perfect sense to me.

So it goes "Now there're two." and "A pig's fallen off." and finally a sarcastic "Wah Wah Wah" in reaction to the realized dark humour that's presented in the sketch.

I shall have to post a full complete final conclusive listing of these "audience responses" at the end of our current discussion won't I?

Skye

Reaction score
Oh, ok..... haha, "Nartoo" is kinda awesome too, though! :wink:

That is really interesting, I really like the mocking "Wah wah wah" in there, too. That does a great job of capturing the feel of the sketch and the fact that it is a show with such dark humor as well. That's great!

Thank you for letting us know fer sure exactly what was said, Marty! Hehe, you've been doing such a terrific job of passing the information onto us, but having a complete listing of the responses (an "audience script," if you will :big_grin:) would be so much fun to have! That would be so great and so nice if you could post it at the end of our discussion! :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Okay Caroline I will.

I must say the audience is very excited when the second piggy falls. There are three responses kind of melding into each other one starting just as the other is finishing.
Trying to listen to the first one which is really fast, too bad I can't make the speed even slower I might have figured it out even sooner, I came to notice the middle of the lines. So one more or less immediately after the other they are:

"Look! Another headed for a fall!" spoken really fast.
A slower response said in a sing-songy tone of voice "You'd better be oh real careful."
Finally "Another one has fallen off the mountain" with "We're enjoying this" spoken at the same time.

It certainly is obvious that they were. Awesomely cool isn't it? :big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Thanks, Marty! :smile:

That's really cute that the audience is so excited when the second piggy falls. You can see how they're getting even more into it! I especially like the "Another one headed for a fall" and the sing-songy "You'd better be oh real careful." Those sound really fun!

Man, with all that crammed together, I can see why you were having trouble hearing it all at first. You're doing way better than I'd be doing with that! :big_grin: