Favorite Cookie Monster Sketch

superfan

Reaction score
I wonder if this thread will take off the same way the Ernie and Bert (fave sketch) did. (insert Cookie Monster smiley, here!)

My favorite was an old one in which two AM's were fighting over a cookie. The boy AM decides that the smallest peron wll get the cookie. Cookie Monster comes up and watches them argue for a bit and then shrinks until he is absolutely tiny. "I'm the smallest!" he squeaks and then walks off with the cookie.

bigbird

Reaction score
Cookie Moster sketch

One sketch I remember involved cookie monster with Kermit the frog. Kermit wanted to illustrate what the word "through" meant. He had a frame that was posted with tissue paper and the idea was when Kermit called cookie monster, he was supposed to come in and crash "through" the tissue paper frame, but his plan backfired when cookie monster saw the frame was in the way when he came on and didn't know what to do. Once Kermit described to CM what the plan was, he lifted up the frame and crashed it "through" Kermit's head. Did I miss any part of that?

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I have quite a few favorite Cookie Monster sketches. He's one of my favorite charachters on Sesame Street.

There was one when Cookie Monster and Herry Monster are seen fighting over a Bicycle, Kermit rushes up to them and tells them it is ridiculous for them to be fighting and they should share the bike. After hearing this Cookie and Herry agree, and they starting eating the bicycle!

Ernie is counting Apples and he counts that there are 4 Apples and Cookie Monster comes along and sees the delicious Apples and he asks Ernie if he can have one, Ernie says he can and so he changes the number to 3, then Cookie changes his mind and decides to put it back so Ernie Changes the number back to 4, then he decides he wants it again. This keeps happening over and over again until Ernie faints.

Any of the Monsterpiece Theatre sketches are great in my book. I really wish they would bring them back. But I guess Monsterpiece Theatre was traded in The Letter of the Day Routine.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
It's a classic: If Moon was Cookie is high up there in my books. I don't remember alot of Monsterpiece Theatre ones specifically, but those are always good.

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
here are the ones I can remember:
~The sketch with Kermit and Cookie where Kermit is trying to explain beginning, middle and end, but Cookie eats the book.
~Another Kermit and Cookie sketch where Kermit has a box with a mystery object inside and Cookie has to guess what's in the box
~Monsterpiece Theater-"One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"

~Dana~

superfan

Reaction score
These are all great guys! Keep 'em coming!

On the very first episode of SS Kermit introduces the letter W. Cookie Monster (though at that time, it was not yet his name) sneaks up (with this creepy rumbling kettle drum sound) and bites off a piece turning the letter W into a capital letter N. Kermit goes on to list off some N words. Again Cookie comes up takes another bite turning into a letter I. He then tries to eat Kermit's foot. Kermit whaps him with his hand "Hey, there fella! Stop! I think I hear your mother calling!" to which Cookie looks up distracted and skulks off screen again (same rumbling drum sound).

Ziffel

Reaction score
superfan said:
I wonder if this thread will take off the same way the Ernie and Bert (fave sketch) did. (insert Cookie Monster smiley, here!)

My favorite was an old one in which two AM's were fighting over a cookie. The boy AM decides that the smallest peron wll get the cookie. Cookie Monster comes up and watches them argue for a bit and then shrinks until he is absolutely tiny. "I'm the smallest!" he squeaks and then walks off with the cookie.
Actually, we do have a favorite Cookie Monster moments thread. Click here and enjoy! :smile:

There are so many great and enjoyable Cookie Monster moments. The one you mention about the smallest cookie is a good one. And the very popular bakery skit where CM tries to eat Guy Smiley. And, of course, the C is for Cookie song. And there's the Beat the Time segment. And one of my favorites is where he was a princess in "The Princess and the Cookie" NewsFlash segment.
One thing neat about Cookie Monster, among many things, was that he appeared with so many different muppets and people (Ernie, Kermit, Guy Smiley, Herbert Birsdsfoot, Herry, the hippie anything muppet, the boy and girl anything muppets you mentioned, the muppets in the Casey McPhee train sketch, etc.). He was a great character creation and fit in nicely with just about any context and also as a stand alone (similarly with The Count - great character creation and had many great moments both by himself and with other muppets).

superfan

Reaction score
D-oh! I figured as much. (referring to previous Cookie thread!) :stick_out_tongue:

BEAR

Reaction score
Right now I would say when he sang "If Moon Was Cookie." It is such a beautiful song and probably one of my all time favs from Sesame Street. I also liked the recent episode when everyone accuses the innocent Cookie Monster from stealing their cookies. Well acted by CM and nice to see so much depth/emotion in the character.

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
I admit I liked the "Cookie Hood" episode too, BEAR. I also forgot to mention I liked all of Cookie's scenes throughout "Don't Eat the Pictures."

~Dana~