Favorite Cookie Monster Sketch

Ziffel

Reaction score
That's right. The violin played to create a sort of sad and sympathetic atmosphere. Her expression got to Cookie Monster and he amazingly was willing to share his most prized possession!

superfan

Reaction score
A Cookie Monster Smiley would be very appropriate right about now...

Ziffel

Reaction score
Well can at least click on this.
And this

This Atari cartridge from 1983 is one I never had. I should try to buy it online sometime. :smile:

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
For some reason, I don't recall the violin music, so I'll have to look for the episode and watch it again....thank goodness for On Demand! In speaking of which, does anyone know when more episodes will be put out on demand?

~Dana~

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
I was able to find and watch the episode, as well as point out the violin music! I love how it serves as a leitmotif (entering music) for the lavender-ish girl AM, and I love watching the expressions on Cookie's face throughout that sketch. And yes, his reaction at the end of the sketch is indeed priceless.

~Dana~

Ziffel

Reaction score
Getting back for a moment to the "smallest one gets the cookie" sketch. Does anyone know who the puppeteers involved were? Obviously Frank Oz was Cookie Monster (except for perhaps the final line where Cookie says in a very high pitched voice "I do anything for Cookie"). I would guess based on the sound of the voice that the boy AM was Jerry Nelson rather than Jim Henson. And as for the girl AM, I'm not sure. Maybe Fran Brill?

ISNorden

Reaction score
My top 5 favorites (betcha can't watch just one!)

5. MMM Monster Meal (the song-sketch performed with Herry)
4. Gingerbread Man (who knew Cookie Monster hugs cookies sometimes?)
3. Cookie Monster's sleepover (and nightmare) at Ernie's apartment; has any fan out there transcribed it yet?)
2. Letter "C" sketch with Cousin Monster (Cookie Monster uses a guessing game to trick her into getting him some cookies, but she keeps retrieving "C" veggies instead. The sketch and the game end when he accepts "Cousin" as something special and wonderful that starts with "C".)

And finally... *longish drumroll*

1. A whole EPISODE starring You Know Who: He promises not to eat the cookies in Hooper's Store while the owner is away. Unfortunately, he's as literal-minded as a typical kindergarten kid: when Cookie gets hungry, he eats everything else in the store (eventually devouring the building itself). The rest of the cast cooperates to rebuild Hooper's over the next few days (I think Mumford offered some magical assistance, but I'm not 100% sure here).

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
ISNorden, I can recall seeing #2 and #3 on your list when I was very young, but it's been over a decade since I've seen those two sketches. If someone can transcribe them, please let me know and PM me the link!

~Dana~

SesameMike

Reaction score
I remember the last one on the list, where CM eats Hooper's store.

At each point where they returned to the street, we saw CM debating his temptation not to eat from the jug of cookies on the shelf (which he'd promised Mr. Hooper he would not do). First, he ate everything else edible in the store. Then he said "me eat... STORE!!". He didn't exactly eat the building, but he did consume every store fixture not nailed down and then some. At the end, the place was cleaned out; you could even see the "labelscars" of stickers formerly on the mirror behind the bar/counter.

When Hooper and the other adults came back to the empty store, CM prided himself on not eating the sole remnant in the store: the cookies -- which CM promptly devoured "for dessert". The adults then gave CM a hammer (which he almost ate as well before they stopped him) to help in rebuilding the store just as it was before.