What TV characters remind you of Muppets?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd Continue that Hoshii no Kirby discussion.

Chef Kawasaki reminds me of the Swedish Chef. mainly because I would NEVER want to eat any of the food that either cook could make.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Now, come to think of it continuing with the Kirby talk, Gonzo sorta reminds me of the NME Salesman.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, King DeDeDe reminds me a lot of Pa Gorg. They have the same presense and they both think they're the rules of the Universe.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
The Incredibles Movie!

Mr. Incredible/ Bob Parr- Kermit
Lastic Girl / Elene Parr- Miss Piggy
Dash- Floyd
Voliet- Janice
Syndrome-Bunson
E- Scooter
Jack-Jack-Beaker

Gonzo14

Reaction score
these characters could definitely fit well with the muppets

Ernie from the George Lopez show
Andy from The Office
Janitor from Scrubs
Chandler from Friends

CBPuppets

Reaction score
The NME salesguy reminds me of Dr. Bunsen Honeydew.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Not realy Cartonn but
Little Shop of Horrors
Seymour-Gonzo :concern:
Audrey-Annie-Sue
Audrey II-Gorgan Heep
Mushnic-Statler :boo:
Orin-Crazy Harry :crazy:
The Ronnets-Janice,Lyonda,Red Fraggle
Audrey II reminds me of Big Mean Carl, IMO.

I said on the SS board many years ago that Top Cat reminds me of Oscar: an antihero character living in a garbage can who often gets into mischief.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I think Mr. O in the 1984 series of Spaghetti-Os commercials reminds me of any muppet, but not one specific muppet.

Jim Perry, notable for hosting "Card Sharks" and later "Sale of the Century", bears some resemblence to Guy Smiley. However, I did read somewhere that Guy Smiley was believed to have been modeled after Jim Perry. I was led to believe it was an understatement, since Guy Smiley debuted in the first season of "Sesame Street", until I found out just now that Perry's first game show launched in 1967. I do know that Guy Smiley's original hairstyle looked to be a bit scruffy but in his later years it looked very neat as if he was modeled after Perry.

At the risk of sounding obvious Inspector Gadget and Sherlock Hemlock musta had the same correspondance course in detective work.
Only it was Penny who actually solved the mysteries, and Gadget always got the credit.

I see something with both Sherlock and Gadget. Sherlock was trying to solve mysteries, but the results were something obvious that was overlooked; while Gadget happened to find evidence out of coincidence, or not realizing it is a trap - regardless, it was Penny and her technology who helped solve the mysteries and Gadget always got the credit despite him not doing any work.

Last edited: