RIP Muppet Show Guests

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
Rest in peace to Cloris Leachman. I always enjoyed her performances in the Mel Brooks films she did with him. Not only was she was a guest star on The Muppet Show, but she had a cameo as Lew Lord's secretary in The Muppet Movie which was pretty funny.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
RIP Cloris Leachman, her Muppet Show episode where pigs took over the show was one of my favorites.

jobi71

Reaction score
RIP Cloris Leachman, her Muppet Show episode where pigs took over the show was one of my favorites.

Bruce Kirby also passed away this week. He was 96 I believe. He was not a guest on the Muppet Show, but he was a featured player in The Muppet Movie. He played the Security Guard at World Wide Pictures at the start of the film. He was one of those actors with a familiar face but not a familair name. He was also the father of the late Bruno Kirby (When Harry Met Sally; City Slickers).

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
So I'd like to ask, how many of the celebrities who appeared on The Muppet Show are still alive?

I know the following are reportedly still with us:

Diana Ross
Deborah Harry
Gladys Knight
Shirley Bassey
Hal Linden
Melissa Manchester
Alice Cooper
Linda Ronstadt
Glenda Jackson
Leslie Uggams
Harry Belafonte
Sylvester Stallone
Raquel Welch
Cheryl Ladd
Elton John
Rich Little
Twiggy
Candice Bergen
Paul Simon

That's a sufficient number of The Muppet Show celebrities who are still with us. Though I did learn that Linda Ronstadt was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease - implying that her health may be in decline now. However, I am thinking there are more celebrities I didn't name that are still alive.

However, I am quite surprised that there are at least two celebrities who appeared during the first season who are still alive.

somethingofafan

Reaction score

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Interesting to see that’s there’s a Muppets Tonight guest star that died before I was born.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Every time this thread gets bumped, I assume that another one died. This time, I'm relieved to find out that's not the case.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score