Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

Gordon Matt

Reaction score
I know I'm late to the party here, but the first few seasons were the primary years when I watched the show (though I probably kept up with it to some degree for at least the first six seasons). So it's very disappointing to learn (1) that there are so many missing episodes, and (2) the majority of them are from "my" prime years of watching the show.

However, given that the show has been on for over 50 years with well over 4000 episodes, that's actually an excellent track record of successfully preserving the library. (For a lot of shows unseen in decades, finding that they still exist is often the exception and not the rule.)

Anyway...after decades passed since I had watched the show as a kid, the Unpaved shows played on Noggin and of course since then a lot more has come out through other means. I'm very happy to have had a chance to revisit these shows and I say a heartfelt "thank you" to those who made it happen.

A great majority of the shows and segments I remember are available to be seen again. But looking at the list of missing shows, I was sad to see an episode from Season 3 where the cast sings "We all work together" on the list. I don't remember seeing that particular episode (though it's likely I did) but our local PBS station in Chicago (WTTW-Channel 11) used a clip from that scene (and song) in a promo for the show and I do remember that. I was hoping to find that show some day. (Before anyone asks, I don't have a tape of the promo, I just remember seeing it in childhood.)

Oh well -- but look at what we *do* have.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, street scene wise, wouldn’t the footage itself still exist on its own? We did get a release of “I am Somebody” on the first old school volume. Just some food for thought.

Any Del

Reaction score
People want to see rare stuff on YouTube to gain easier access.

Any Del

Reaction score
What I meant was some people may not have access to HBO Max and want someone to upload rare episodes on YouTube so they can easily attain them for free.