Galaxy Con: Sesame Street Cast on Sunday January 24th

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I would avoid bringing up him leaving Sesame Street and the stuff about that. But I would be more interested in if he’d want to go back to working for the Muppets.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think at best the most appropriate thing would be to say is “I know some unfortunate stuff has happened in your career a couple years ago but I do hope all is well now” or something like that.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I would avoid bringing up him leaving Sesame Street and the stuff about that. But I would be more interested in if he’d want to go back to working for the Muppets.
On the Barretta Brothers, he said he would like to play Clifford again, and Bill said he's working on bringing Clifford back.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
And I now got my one on one with Allison! 😍😍😍😍😍😍 so looking forward to meeting her! 🥰

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And now it is confirmed that Steve Whitmire and Frank Oz will be part of this (though unfortunately, Frank Oz will only be part of the live stream… I am actually not surprised).

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
While waiting for them to release the panel on YT, I've found some video chats with a few of the folks who were there:
The last one is with our own @GonzoMan.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This was fun.

Craig Shemin co-hosted, I really was not expecting that.

I think Emillio Degardo was supposed to be part of it, but he did not show up. People in the comments kept asking about him (eventually, somebody commented with him having some unforseen circumstances that kept him). It's a shame they didn't acknowledge his absence in the video.

There was a lot of talk about Jim Henson, Jerry Nelson, and Richard Hunt. Frank Oz talked about how he was offered Big Bird and turned it down, he said that Caroll Spinney did him better than he could have.

Kevin Clash actually acknowledged being on the show in season 12 (which is one thing I was going to ask). I think he said he was given an audition and that's why he got to perform a few roles on the show that season.

I video chatted with Allison Bartlett, Bob McGrath, AND Kevin Clash. I think me and Bartlett talked more about what I like besides Sesame Street, I feel like me and McGrath both had trouble hearing each other (and the chat seemed to end abruptly, maybe it was time, but the count down timer didn't appear when it happened), and I think me and Kevin Clash barely discussed Sesame Street, instead talking about The Jim Henson Hour, Dog City, and Dinosaurs for most of it (I asked if he remembered the name of the drummer from InnerTube, which he unfortunately does not, but he did remember the pilot).

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I really recommend this guy, James Nobes', podcast Nostalgia Talk. He's really passionate about the Muppets and has interviewed lots of people, for instance, Ivy Austin and Chris Cerf.