The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
In general, my family doesn't like going out to eat. We've been to more bad places than good ones (there was a Denny's that had bad food, and a local pizzeria that reeked of gasoline), so that affects their perspective. In general, my family doesn't like going out. Restaurant dining is hit or miss because my dad and mom are very frugal, almost bordering on stingy, so they only will go to cheap places. My dad's favorite restaurant is McDonald's.

Once I'm independent, I'm going to try harder to eat at the GOOD places in town, and also balance out my meals more so that I don't end up with high cholesterol or heart problems.
I do all the cooking at home since I’ve been on Disability. My wife works, so I’m the househusband. We still like to go out to eat (it gets me out of the house). If we go out with friends, we’ll go somewhere a little upscale than some fast food chain.
For me going out once a month is a pretty big deal. I’m not gonna settle for some cheap burger joint. If I want a burger, it would be Five Guys or somewhere like that.

In another year or two, we’ll have enough saved up to go back to Disney World. Part of the reason, they have a million great restaurants there. We’re not going to live on chicken nuggets and Mac and cheese. There’s some great five star restaurants there. Some you actually get dressed up for. You’re not gonna scarf down some greaseball burger.
You DINE, not just shove a Big Mac in your face.

Any Del

Reaction score
The fries and nuggets are what I get at Mickey D's. I don't mess with their burgers anymore not even their Big Macs.

If I want a burger I go to SMASH Burger. Best burgers ever!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Never hoid of 'em.

I like a double cheeseburger from McDonald's ever now and then, but when it comes to their burgers, you basically have to tell them no ketchup, because they practically drown their burgers in ketchup.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I can easily pass on the burgers at McDonald’s. Generic beef patty with plastic cheese. Might as well be dog food in a patty form.
One time e a few years back I ran through McD’s drive/through. Just to get a quick cheeseburger. The cheese wasn’t even melted. The pickles were warmer than the me
Alex, I know you might like to go there at this time of year for a Shamrock shake. I loved them when I was little. Ten years ago, I got one again for old times’ sake. It was... disappointing. Tasted like a cross between toothpaste and industrial waste.

The best thing to come out of McD’s in recent years is the buttermilk chicken strips. They’re good, if not great. But there’s better chicken out there, better burgers out there. The only place McD’s wins out, of nowhere else is open, and you have spare change on the floor of your car, you can scrape a meal together. Barely.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The fries and nuggets are what I get at Mickey D's. I don't mess with their burgers anymore not even their Big Macs.

If I want a burger I go to SMASH Burger. Best burgers ever!
I used to love McD’s fries, in that little red cardboard box.
unfortunately, the fries have two things that are especially not good for me. Salt and potassium. So bye bye fries.

Any Del

Reaction score
That's unfortunate. Maybe that's another reason you can't eat bananas because they have potassium as well.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Never hoid of 'em.

I like a double cheeseburger from McDonald's ever now and then, but when it comes to their burgers, you basically have to tell them no ketchup, because they practically drown their burgers in ketchup.
If there’s a smashburger near you I DEFINITELY recommend them! They’re like a more fancier five guys.

And yes, McDonald’s puts A LOT of ketchup on their burgers. Their ketchup isn’t even good to begin with!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I used to eat bananas when I was little, like they were going out of style.
They’re one of the best foods for you. Potassium is also in oranges so I had to give those up too.