The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I covered beer, now wine.
I had one favorite wine called White Zinfandel (it’s actually a blush). A little sweet, but light.
Dry wines are a little bitter, but some are good for cooking.

Also in my college days, I dabbled in the cheap stuff. Boone’s Farm, Mad Dog 20/20,
Night Train, and not for the weak at heart, Olde English 800.
Just picture Fred Sanford and his bottle of Ripple. The above are in the same class.
I just don’t like alcohol period unless it’s New Years Eve or st Patrick’s day and I want to get drunk. Otherwise, no thank you on that stuff.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Okay, I’m the only one who doesn’t run away from onions.
Pickles, can’t do them. A few summers back, people were asking me to overcome my aversion to pickles.
Okay, fine. I don’t mind trying things again you didn’t like when you were little. You’re older, your tastes change, you might like it this time.

So okay, I’m in my forties now, maybe pickles aren’t so bad.
I tried three different kinds that day.
Kosher dill, garlic, and seeet.
The sweet were the least vinegary of the three. But sorry, the face I made on the other two means I’m not touching pickles again for a while.

But I encourage everyone to try something again. Unless of course you’re severely allergic to them.
I’ll make a deal with you. You try something again, I’ll even try a tomato again. Fair enough?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm incredibly picky when it comes to pickles (you see what I did there?)

I like pickles on my burgers, or certain other sandwiches, but when it comes to actually eating pickles straight-up, there's only one brand of pickles I can do that with, and that's Clausen; they're a great snack, especially in the hot summer months, a nice cold pickle can be refreshing.

But, there's only one kind of pickle I can tolerate, and that's (kosher) dill . . . I can't stand those sweet pickles like bread and butter, or gerkin (sp?).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
One food I always try every now and then is a banana and.... yeah. I have a hard time chewing on it 😐

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bananas are peculiar . . . they only stay at a perfect ripeness for such a short period of time, otherwise, they either remain under-ripe for too long, which makes them hard and funky-tasting, or they quickly turn over-ripe, which makes them really mushy and sickeningly sweet.

Strawberries are another fruit that don't stay ripe for too long; they start getting moldy and gray like two days after you buy them. :smirk:

Any Del

Reaction score
If you want to be a top banana, you have to start at the bottom of the BUUUUNNNNNCCCCCCHH!

Strawberries are another fruit I have no issues with either.

However I can't stand blueberries and raspberries.