The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Blueberries I don’t mind. Raspberries are okay.

Strawberries are good but yeah, you really gotta eat that **** fast.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Also not gonna lie. Minus the fruit (I’m not a fan of fruit on my French toast), I actually want to try this:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I used to love bananas. When I was little, I couldn’t get enough of them.
Do you know what turned me off? That Bert and Ernie clip of Ernie smashing up a banana and pouring brown gravy in it, and passing it off as chocolate ice cream.
Over the years, I’ve tried to eat bananas again. I really want to like them again, and they’re so good for you, but no good. The smell and texture do me in.
I can eat banana chips, and fried plantains were okay. But sadly, I have to pass on bananas.
Strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries, yes. Blueberries, no.

Apples- Granny Smith, Red Delicious, MacIntosh, Honeycrisp, all thumbs up.
But I’m really fussy picking them out. I won’t just grab a bag of them. I’ll inspect every last one, making sure it’s firm, no bruises. you’d think I was buying a car.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I don’t know if any of you have been there, there’s a chain called Longhorn Steakhouse. There’s one a mile from my house that burned down last night.
I had my 50th birthday there. Two weeks ago my friend was in town. We were going to eat there. But there was an hour wait, so we went to Applebee’s across the street.
We should’ve waited.
They had good steak and ribs. The place burned to the ground, so it would be quite a task to rebuild.

I hate the term, but in the insurance business there is something called “Jewish lightning”,
If business is bad, you deliberately set a fire to collect the insurance money. It’s fraud, and the penalties are severe.
But fire Marshall’s have expertise, they can sift through the ashes, and they can find out exactly how a fire starts. If it was a grease fire, an electrical short, they can find out if it was an accident or not.
Thankfully nobody got hurt.
The only casualties, all the steaks are well done.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
There’s actually one pretty close to my apartment. I don’t know if I’ve ever actually eaten in one though.

That sucks your local one burned down though.:sympathy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just took my dad there for his 77th birthday this weekend.

Any Del

Reaction score
Heard of it but never been there. However, I've been to The Outback Steakhouse.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes, I like Outback too.
Texas Roadhouse is good too. It’s not the same as when it opened. The waitstaff used to dress up in cowboy garb and line dance in the aisles.
They also had buckets of peanuts on the table. You could throw the shells on the floor. I’m surprised how long they allowed that.
But I love their barbecue brisket on Texas toast. 😎