The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes, how you cook it matters. Boiled asparagus is mush, but it comes out nice on the grill.
Fish is versatile. There are so many ways to make it, and so many kinds.
Believe it or not, the two most common, I’m not too crazy about- tuna and salmon.
But any time the fish market has sole, mackerel, or plaice, I’m in.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I tried mackerel for the first time very recently. Hated it. It was way too strong and overwhelmingly fishy in its taste and smell . . . I'll still with salmon for patties, and tuna for salad.

One thing I will say is, contrary to what these internet sources are claiming, tilapia is not fake fish, it's real fish, and it does have bones in it. It's really good broiled in some butter, lemon, and little seasoning.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That’s fair. Mackerel isn’t for everyone.
But I like tilapia as well. The only fake fish is in fish sticks. 1% pollock, 99% breading.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m not a big salmon guy myself. I’ll eat it if it’s made for me though. And tuna I actually prefer as a casserole or sandwich but otherwise, eh.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You notice how fish sticks (and other frozen fish filets and the such) never have microwave instructions on the boxes anymore? I remember as a kid, I once tried heating up some fish sticks in the microwave, and I followed the instructions to the letter: arrange six of them on a plate, making sure they're evenly spaced apart, and cook on high for 55 seconds; that's exactly what I did. I walked away, 55 seconds later I come back, smoke is billowing out of the microwave, I open it up, there's six little black twigs on a now-scorched plate that literally snapped in half.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I would also like to mention this has actually happened to me a couple times when I order dominos alfredo pizza with extra alfredo (from the dominos closest to my apartment):

while I personally don’t mind the extra overload because it is still tasty, I will admit the only pet peeve I have is it makes the crust completely soggy and gross when taking a bite.