The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Any Del

Reaction score
I might as well jump into the discussion on meeting our heroes. For me it was a privilege and honor to able to meet Vic Mignogna at the Barry Room at the Merriot Marcus Hotel on Times Square after the allegations he had to face. He gave me tips on how to become a voice actor and wished me the best of luck with my Cartooning and Video Gaming careers. He also gave me and everyone truthful conversations that still resonated with me to this day. So humbled and down to earth. He was an angel sent from the Heavens. That day my body was bubbling with excitement and it was one of the best days of my life.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
On this day,in 1969, a cheap little kiddie show was thrown together. Some lame puppets, boring humans, unlistenable songs, and a big dumb Barney-like bird.

Actually Sesame Street turned into a television milestone, and not-yet-two-year-old me was hooked. It took a while for my cognitive motor skills to really kick in, but if two things stood out to me, it was Roosevelt Franklin, and an army of scary monsters. (Nobody cute. Even Grover was ugly).

It still amazes me Sesame is still on the air, after seeing 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years go by. And future generations were just as charmed as I was.

It’s been such a pleasure over the years to meet so many cast, writers, and puppeteers who brought this show to life.
They were just as grateful us kids tuned in.
Over 20 years ago, I met Loretta Long (Susan).
Sesame wasn’t even 30 yet. But she was proud of how my first generation of Sesame Seeds turned out.
Thank you all you Street people. Your seeds grew into a good crop.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Even if it might often get flack, I’m grateful to have watched the show during the around the corner era, especially since it still had a good portion of skits from the 70s and 80s.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
On this day,in 1969, a cheap little kiddie show was thrown together. Some lame puppets, boring humans, unlistenable songs, and a big dumb Barney-like bird.

Actually Sesame Street turned into a television milestone, and not-yet-two-year-old me was hooked. It took a while for my cognitive motor skills to really kick in, but if two things stood out to me, it was Roosevelt Franklin, and an army of scary monsters. (Nobody cute. Even Grover was ugly).

It still amazes me Sesame is still on the air, after seeing 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 years go by. And future generations were just as charmed as I was.

It’s been such a pleasure over the years to meet so many cast, writers, and puppeteers who brought this show to life.
They were just as grateful us kids tuned in.
Over 20 years ago, I met Loretta Long (Susan).
Sesame wasn’t even 30 yet. But she was proud of how my first generation of Sesame Seeds turned out.
Thank you all you Street people. Your seeds grew into a good crop.
Honestly, it’s kinda bittersweet for me. On the one hand, my childhood favorite show gets to see another year. On the other, now that the show’s 51, the 50th anniversary is officially over. Just another part of 2019 dying.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Meanwhile we still got the 60th anniversary to look forward to..... in 9 years.

Any Del

Reaction score
I'm grateful to be born around the Elmo's World era back in the late 90s. Happy 51st Birthday Sesame Street!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Even if it might often get flack, I’m grateful to have watched the show during the around the corner era, especially since it still had a good portion of skits from the 70s and 80s.
There are a lot of people my age who grumble over the fact Sesame ain’t like it used to be. Jim Henson’s death killed the show. Joe Raposo’s death killed the show. Elmo killed the show.
It’s been a long time since Sesame helped me grow up. I learned my letters, numbers, and shapes early on, but also learned to master a few life lessons as well. By the time I was ten, I still watched for entertainment, since I mastered all the educational skills. And it changed and adapted for everyone that came after me.
So no matter what your era, whatever decade, I hope you got as much out of it as I did.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That’s what I love about the show. It has something everyone can enjoy, no matter what age you are.

If only the workshop still uploaded classic material on their YouTube channel....