Could Between the Lions ever come back?

salemfan

Reaction score
Mainly to avoid product placement. A conflict of interest when you're doing a show for commercial-free public TV. Sesame Street had been criticized for the same reason when they had partnered with McDonalds, Discovery Zone, Spaghettios, etc. for funding, but they made it clear in their sponsorship plugs that they were not being used to advertise any product, only that the brand is in support of Sesame Street.

I do like the idea of lions eating processed, or even well cooked meat, as opposed to eating living creatures as their carnivorous instincts tell them to. Kind of the same reason Chicago the lion from Sesame Street was such a fascinating character; he didn't eat any sort of meat at all, only vegetables! It's fun seeing wild animals eat things that us civilized human beings eat.
Well, how would you feel about the lions on Between the Lions eating beef jerky? (that's what the non-trademarked term for ready-to-eat meat is, here's the article from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerky) I've eaten other brands of jerky meat snack. By just saying "beef jerky" it wouldn't advertise any brand.

salemfan

Reaction score
How come the episode "The Last Cliff Hanger" was not made that Livingston Dangerously, after running out of ideas, because the show taught about words, turned Cliff Hanger into a game similar to Hangman in that if the letter one guessed was NOT in the word, another piece of the picture of "Cliff Hanger hanging from a cliff" was added, and if the player guessed the word before running out of strikes, Cliff Hanger was rescued and would have to change his name, and if the player used up all the strikes, "that's why he's called Cliff Hanger"? It would have been something Lionel loved as much as he loved reading all the books, and Leona would have started actually liking it, because the outcome wouldn't be the same every time, Leona would have enjoyed learning her words at the same time. What does anybody think about that idea?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Well, how would you feel about the lions on Between the Lions eating beef jerky? (that's what the non-trademarked term for ready-to-eat meat is, here's the article from Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerky) I've eaten other brands of jerky meat snack. By just saying "beef jerky" it wouldn't advertise any brand.
Why should we care about the Lions eat beef jerky, in fact they should be eating gazelle carcasses.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
What was the name of that dragon looking character on the show? I really loved him as a kid but I've since forgotten what his name is. I'm pretty sure he's the reason I like dragons a lot today.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
So, the lions ate beef jerky. They ate raw clams. It might not be exactly the same as lions on the Plains of Kenya eating a zebra, but life still goes on.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I had a funny thought earlier today: Imagine if the lions from Between the Lions were like,

"Okay, now that the generation who watched our show is all grown up, let's see how well they listened to us,"

Then they do a search on the Internet and facepalm once they discover how so many people who are currently in their late teens to early 20s have terrible grammar lol.

salemfan

Reaction score
I only buy stamps that are appropriate for that stuff on which you need to be serious and respectful (stars and stripes, the Statue of Liberty, etc.) but does anybody think the USPS would issue postage stamps portraying the lion family from Between the Lions the way that they did for the unaffiliated Sesame Street and the Muppets, as well as for Mister Rogers?