Could Between the Lions ever come back?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Another reason Between the Lions was a beneficial TV show is that if kids see their favorite children's characters eating meat (even if no brand is mentioned) they will be willing to eat meat even as adults, recognizing that the consumption of meat is part of the ecosystem and stop believing all that barbecue sauce (that's what I would assume BS stands for) written by animal activists about the idea of eating meat. Believe it or not, I've heard about some people who got sick from going vegan. I was told that it's more important for humans to nourish their bodies than to think about animal rights. Look up "chimps eating monkeys" on Google and you'll find out that the closest living relative to humans actually eats meat.
What are you seriously talking about? Are you high as a kite!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Plenty of kid's shows feature characters eating meat. That's certainly not rare or anything. Look at how ridiculously popular SpongeBob has been for the last 20 (going on 21) years, the main character of that show is a fry-cook so meat is a recurring theme in nearly every episode there.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Here's my history (probably abridged) with Between the Lions:
I actually didn't like BTL as a kid. In fact, when I was in first grade and my teacher put on a BTL episode to fill time if a lesson plan failed, I would do all I could to get out of watching it, even if it meant getting into trouble. I began to fear constantly they'd put on a video until I eventually forgot about the show.

That is, until the summer of '17, specifically June 23, when the episode with the Cubs and Giants was recommended onto my YouTube feed. I watched it, and decided to watch more over the weekend to get some closure. That weekend turned into the rest of the month, then the rest of the summer, and then the rest of the year. Needless to say, I was hooked. I even named my then-recently established FANDOM account BTLfan4 to express my love, and began to edit on that wiki, before eventually migrating to the Muppet Wiki.

I'm no longer as obsessed with the show as I was that year, but I still like it today and occasionally check out clips on YT. Only time will tell if those occasions get more frequent again...

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Here's my history (probably abridged) with Between the Lions:
I actually didn't like BTL as a kid. In fact, when I was in first grade and my teacher put on a BTL episode to fill time if a lesson plan failed, I would do all I could to get out of watching it, even if it meant getting into trouble. I began to fear constantly they'd put on a video until I eventually forgot about the show.

That is, until the summer of '17, specifically June 23, when the episode with the Cubs and Giants was recommended onto my YouTube feed. I watched it, and decided to watch more over the weekend to get some closure. That weekend turned into the rest of the month, then the rest of the summer, and then the rest of the year. Needless to say, I was hooked. I even named my then-recently established FANDOM account BTLfan4 to express my love, and began to edit on that wiki, before eventually migrating to the Muppet Wiki.

I'm no longer as obsessed with the show as I was that year, but I still like it today and occasionally check out clips on YT. Only time will tell if those occasions get more frequent again...
You are BTLfan4? I had no idea. You've posted some of totally nostalgic Between The Lions clips to YouTube I couldn't find anywhere else. Thank you so much! :smile:.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
That's BTLfanatic, not me. I don't even have a YT channel. I'm the guy on the Muppet Wiki who lists the segments in SST episodes before Oscarfan guides them.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Lions eat meat. Simple truth. So they show lion puppets on the show eating meat. Big revelation.
Even your pet cat eats meat. What’s the big mystery?
Humans eat meat. See those two front teeth in your mouth? Those are made for ripping flesh. We’re carnivores. That’s nature. That’s how it’s been since time began.
If some people want to eat vegan, fine.
As long as they don’t impose their views on others, fine.

Lions will still eat meat. They’re not gonna be crazy about salads.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Lions eat meat. Simple truth. So they show lion puppets on the show eating meat. Big revelation.
Even your pet cat eats meat. What’s the big mystery?
Humans eat meat. See those two front teeth in your mouth? Those are made for ripping flesh. We’re carnivores. That’s nature. That’s how it’s been since time began.
If some people want to eat vegan, fine.
As long as they don’t impose their views on others, fine.

Lions will still eat meat. They’re not gonna be crazy about salads.
Unless your Chicago the Lion from SS. That one loved vegetables lol.