Official: “Muppets Now”, an unscripted series coming to Disney+ on July 31, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWoO

Reaction score
Hopefully. He was a great character. I wish he had been used more on The Muppets as a talent booker.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Someone tweeted scans of the article from the latest Disney Twenty-Three Magazine talking about "Muppets Now":
Disney+ isn't the perfect home for the Muppets, because it continues to make Muppet content more and more exclusive, instead of reaching the masses like they should be doing - that's one of the reasons why they're struggling to find and maintain an audience these days.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Disney+ isn't the perfect home for the Muppets, because it continues to make Muppet content more and more exclusive, instead of reaching the masses like they should be doing - that's one of the reasons why they're struggling to find and maintain an audience these days.
I hate to be that guy, streaming is the way of the future now. Cable is dying and we’re in a new era of our getting entertainment.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
God you’re so old fashioned
Tv is dying
Streaming is the future for everything. Movies, TV shows and even sport

As much as the fans enjoyed it, the last muppet show bombed HARD. Any chance of any muppet content from now on will come through Disney+

datman24

Reaction score
God you’re so old fashioned
Tv is dying
Streaming is the future for everything. Movies, TV shows and even sport

As much as the fans enjoyed it, the last muppet show bombed HARD. Any chance of any muppet content from now on will come through Disney+
That last show wasn't a "Muppet' show, it was just your standard everyday The Office-style network television show that just so happen to have Muppets in it.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
D’Snowth is onto something. I fear that companies are making a big mistake by everyone having their own streaming service. If people want to watch all the multitude of shows they’re interested in, they’ll soon — and starting now — have to use several streaming services to do it. The more streaming services there are, the less people will want to purchase from all of them, and the more they’ll just resort to pirating. So I’m on Snowth’s side I think. I don’t think he’s being a stick-in-the-mud, I think he’s being realistic. Some people can afford getting their stuff through Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+, Hulu, etc. I certainly can’t.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I definitely agree that there are too many streaming services. When so many people are cutting cable because of the cost, it kind of defeats the purpose to have buy a dozen streaming platforms.
That being said, whether we like it or not, more people are moving away from network TV, and companies have to keep up to survive. Plus, I see streaming as a better option for the Muppets, simply because it's a safer bet and the folks that work on it could be given more creative freedom than they would on a big network. This could be our chance for more major Muppet projects while attracting an audience more easily.

datman24

Reaction score
I definitely agree that there are too many streaming services. When so many people are cutting cable because of the cost, it kind of defeats the purpose to have buy a dozen streaming platforms.
That being said, whether we like it or not, more people are moving away from network TV, and companies have to keep up to survive. Plus, I see streaming as a better option for the Muppets, simply because it's a safer bet and the folks that work on it could be given more creative freedom than they would on a big network. This could be our chance for more major Muppet projects while attracting an audience more easily.
I mean, if Muppets Now becomes one of those shows that attract people to Disney+ the same way The Mandelorian did, that will be great (and a miracle). However, if the show fails to exceed people’s expectations the same way nearly every other Muppet project of the last 25 years or so have, then Muppets will not be in a good situation. It all depends on how well-executed this show turns out to be, and I am hoping for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.