Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
You know what episode I am curious about because of the incident is the episode featuring Snuffy's cousin.
Here's a Muppet wiki link to the character and the incident:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score

You know what episode I am curious about because of the incident is the episode featuring Snuffy's cousin.
Here's a Muppet wiki link to the character and the incident:
Imagine getting crushed by a 50-pound sombrero... that's one for the grandkids.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
@Oscarfan and @scarecroe I don’t know if you guys have plans to acquire the last 2 season 22 episodes that don’t have full guides yet from your anonymous source, but since I did (just recently) notice those are the last two episodes that aren’t fully guided yet, I’m going to do you guys a favor and see if I can make an appointment with WGBH soon (now that the episodes are loaded up to season 15, at least that’s what I assume from seeing the AAPB website) to see if they’ll let me come by to view those episodes so I can note them down on paper and guide them on the wiki. If the process of setting up the appointment becomes too much of a hassle for me, then I’ll let you guys continue your thing.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
@Oscarfan and @scarecroe I don’t know if you guys have plans to acquire the last 2 season 22 episodes that don’t have full guides yet from your anonymous source, but since I did (just recently) notice those are the last two episodes that aren’t fully guided yet, I’m going to do you guys a favor and see if I can make an appointment with WGBH soon (now that the episodes are loaded up to season 15, at least that’s what I assume from seeing the AAPB website) to see if they’ll let me come by to view those episodes so I can note them down on paper and guide them on the wiki. If the process of setting up the appointment becomes too much of a hassle for me, then I’ll let you guys continue your thing.
I'm going to look those up on the AAPB website.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Follow up to this post:

So, I sent an email to the manager of WGBH an email in regards to gaining access to view the episodes on the premise if research actually IS required or not before making a trip down there; I would have called them again, but after my last awkward experience and having to sit through some pretty cheesy jazz music while I was on hold, I felt I should email the man who might have better answers. This is what I sent to him:

My name is Alex Mack, and I am emailing you in regards to some questions I have within your library of Sesame Street episodes from the American Archives of Public Broadcasting. I understand (or at least think, based off the website showing video files from this link: https://americanarchive.org/catalog...e=1&per_page=100&sort=episode_number_sort+asc) that the library is now loaded up to the show’s 15th season, and they’re available for viewing on the premises of the library of Congress in Washington DC and WGBH with an appointment. I am a resident in the Massachusetts area and had some questions in regards to viewing those episodes at WGBH. I understand certain programs you have loaded up need research required to view them, but I wanted to ask if the same applies for the Sesame Street episodes currently loaded up for viewing. The reason I ask is because I spoke with a woman on the phone once about coming down to view the episodes, but she didn’t seem to understand what I was talking about until I brought up the American Archives to her, to which she mentioned research was required to view those episodes. It made me confused because I was reading this article here (https://americanarchive.org/on-location), which said “Members of the general public may access the entire collection within the WGBH Media Library and Archives offices and at the Library of Congress Moving Image and Recorded Sound Research Centers.” So, my main question in regards to this email is, is research required to view these episodes in addition to setting up an appointment, or are these available for viewing for the general public as long as an appointment is set up to come down to view the episodes?

I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for time in regards to this email.

Sincerely,

Alex

And in general, this should also hopefully clear up any confusion for other Mass residents on this site. If I don’t hear back from him by Monday then I’ll try another call.

cjd874

Reaction score
Follow up to this post:

So, I sent an email to the manager of WGBH an email in regards to gaining access to view the episodes on the premise if research actually IS required or not before making a trip down there; I would have called them again, but after my last awkward experience and having to sit through some pretty cheesy jazz music while I was on hold, I felt I should email the man who might have better answers. This is what I sent to him:

My name is Alex Mack, and I am emailing you in regards to some questions I have within your library of Sesame Street episodes from the American Archives of Public Broadcasting. I understand (or at least think, based off the website showing video files from this link: https://americanarchive.org/catalog?f[access_types][]=digitized&f[series_titles][]=Sesame+Street&page=1&per_page=100&sort=episode_number_sort+asc) that the library is now loaded up to the show’s 15th season, and they’re available for viewing on the premises of the library of Congress in Washington DC and WGBH with an appointment. I am a resident in the Massachusetts area and had some questions in regards to viewing those episodes at WGBH. I understand certain programs you have loaded up need research required to view them, but I wanted to ask if the same applies for the Sesame Street episodes currently loaded up for viewing. The reason I ask is because I spoke with a woman on the phone once about coming down to view the episodes, but she didn’t seem to understand what I was talking about until I brought up the American Archives to her, to which she mentioned research was required to view those episodes. It made me confused because I was reading this article here (https://americanarchive.org/on-location), which said “Members of the general public may access the entire collection within the WGBH Media Library and Archives offices and at the Library of Congress Moving Image and Recorded Sound Research Centers.” So, my main question in regards to this email is, is research required to view these episodes in addition to setting up an appointment, or are these available for viewing for the general public as long as an appointment is set up to come down to view the episodes?

I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for time in regards to this email.

Sincerely,

Alex

And in general, this should also hopefully clear up any confusion for other Mass residents on this site. If I don’t hear back from him by Monday then I’ll try another call.