Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Isn't that first E&B skit from one of the pilots? ****, they did not waste footage.
Yeah, but the thing is, that’s literally the ONLY clip they re-used on the show. So the thing is, they kind of did waste a lot of the footage anyway.

An episode involving Don Music, plus the only time I know of where we see The Alphabeats without Little Chrissy.

https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_1971

Also, the Alphabeats are dressed differently than usual (no red shirts), and there's an additional member who looks like one of the characters from the Street Garden Cooperation song.
I mean, they aren’t exactly THE Alphabeats - just Anything Muppets they closely resemble them. If anything, they look just about the same as the back-up greasers from “One Way.”

Bad Barney's debut! Season 5 episode 546.
https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_0546

EDIT: The other appearance of Bad Barney! Season 6 episode 723.
https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_0723
Oooh, I would really love to see these episodes some day!

Hmm, this is interesting. . . .

A pre-Elmo monster with Elmo's voice.
This clip messed with my head. Seriously.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
One look at Bad Barney and you know he's a Richard Hunt character.
He really is. It’s those glasses that do it.

Is it me, or did Richard Hunt perform some really ugly Muppets in the early days?

I rest my case!
AAAHHH!!!! WAY TOO SIMILAR!!!:eek:

THOSE EEEEYYYYEEEESSSSS

Quite a few of the lost episodes are Snuffy-centric third season episodes.
It’s a shame. Season 3 really got the worst out of the first three. A good portion of them are gone.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
WGBH, hmmm … that's where I live now. I'm still desperate to at least view Season 3 shows now catalogued on Muppet.Fandom.
Do keep in mind I called them last November and was told the episodes are only available for viewing for research purposes. But the woman I was speaking to at the time was unclear what I was talking about at that time, and some articles kind of throw off who’s allowed to watch them - some articles I see hint that they’re for the public. I was gonna follow up with another call at that time but chose not to just because I wanted to focus on other things in my life at the time. But after seeing these episodes previewed on the AAPB site, it made me tempted to try again in the future when I’m up for it (I’m hopeful I can use the “I’m a muppet wiki editor” excuse if research is still included with the episodes; if not, I’m willing to just let it go). But otherwise, take what I’m saying with a grain of salt

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Aha! I had a hunch Tell a Joke was originally a street scene after all!

mariolover

Reaction score
I hope someday we get to see all these cool episodes!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I would like to see another episode with a lost celebrity guest star.