The New Am I The Only One Thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Am I the only one who hates backseat drivers?
No, and heck no!
@LittleJerry92 , isolation is not a healthy thing. Man is a social animal, and cutting yourself off for too long can screw you up. We need social interaction. Not just online, but with physical, tangible people.
When I was younger, there was a part of me that hated people. Politicians, people in big business, people that cut you off in traffic, why don't they all just go away? Well, I can't pick and choose who I share the planet with, so I guess I have to live with them, just like they have to live with you and me.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
No, you’re right, it isn’t. Sometimes though, there have been weeks where if something is going on then I just don’t have the urge to want to socialize with anyone. But in the end, I try to get out of the house as much as possible because it does get to a point where it can really mess with your mentality.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I have evolved (or devolved on how you look at it) from being an introvert to just straight up asocial; as everyone else has described, this is not healthy at all. I used to not be this way -- I used to look forward to hanging out with people, but now it just drains me and is a chore. I feel like I'm an actor: "All the world is a stage and we are merely players". Everyone has their own traits, and I'm pretty sure you can't change your social desires at the end of the day, but you can of course always force yourself to leave the house.

I have never stayed in my room for even a day, but if you gave me a week off work I would have no problem with just staying home, and I would have no desire to leave (blame technology).

When I graduated high school, while all my friends were having grad parties, I just sat in my room reading the Bible, watching the Atheist Experience and trying to figure out why I even exist... all that thinking got me nowhere, but I guess we all have to go through our phases.

I also went through my "nothing is real" phase when I got out of high school... totally not healthy, but for me it was unavoidable.

I have literally gotten so far inside my head that I don't think I will ever get out. I feel like I went on acid trip or something, but have never touched a drug in my life.

Edit: This is why I love Todd Rundgren... what other artist puts out a ballad about existential crisis after having a top 5 pop hit?

Sometimes I just feel so afraid
But I know that no one else has it made
So if I just believe in myself
I won't need no help from nobody else and I can make it alone

Rock for the skull... not exactly the type of thing you would play at parties.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
We are merely players
Performers and portrayers
Each without an audience
Inside the gilded cage...
Hmmm, sounds vaguely familiar...

I went through a hermit stage too, kept to myself, didn't want to know from anybody. Didn't work too well.

You can't form a decent band that way.
There are some days I just want to stay in bed, but that's not healthy either. Especially when I remember being in the hospital, and you want to do anything to get out of bed.
I know dealing with people can be a hassle, and it is good to spend time alone, but you can't live like that. There's something about human interaction we all need (despite ourselves). Just staring at a screen isn't the same as talking, mingling, bonding with people.
Church calls it Fellowship. It gets more important as you get older. It's okay to be alone, for a while. But it hurts being lonely.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who’s had fears of dying alone? Like, I will be honest. It is one of the worst fears I’ve had. Just dying alone, no one by your side. Isolated. Forgotten.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Am I the only one who’s gotten pretty disappointed with Sesame Workshop’s YouTube channel in recent months?

Like, I get they have lives and I respect that. But I’m not going to lie - it really bugs me that it just feels like a classic clip on Thursday as of late just seems to be a once in a blue moon now. I really hate going into their channel on Thursday just to see like some cheesy animated sing along adaption video or whatever.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah. But then again, they did say for channels marked as being made for kids, subscribers would no longer receive notifications and such.