"Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary Celebration" special to air November 9 on HBO and November 17 on PBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeesh with all these crazy jumping to conclusions and such. One page has Elmo/Abby dialogue - must be all about them! Page doesn't mention the use of archival clips - must not be any!
I don't think I said I thought that based on just one page not mentioning them. I was simply saying it would have been good to have seen such a page (maybe see what some specific clips featured will be), but also noted that it could be like Elmopalooza and not have clips at all.

Part of that thinking is with all the returning cast members, making me wonder if there'll be much time for them all to really do something (of course we also don't know that this'll just be an hour-long special; it probably will, but we don't yet know it's length).

There's also a large amount of old school Muppets returning, but most of them will probably be silent, I assume there'll be a massive crowd scene (like at the end of 20 and Still Counting). But bringing back old puppets without giving them dialogue seems more feasible than asking an actor/celebrity to appear without dialogue.

datman24

Reaction score
Yeesh with all these crazy jumping to conclusions and such. One page has Elmo/Abby dialogue - must be all about them! Page doesn't mention the use of archival clips - must not be any!

From what I've seen across Instagram and the info we already know about it, this special appears more in line with the 20 Years one - celebrity host looks at the show and its impact, with Muppet subplots going on and celebrity musical numbers.
I’m only exaggerating, however, it must be noted that the last two anniversary specials we had (30th and 35th) were both Elmo-centered. Although, much has changed in the past 15 years since the last one, Elmo is still the main focus for most of the show’s marketing, and I would like this anniversary special to have everyone be the focus, not just one or two characters.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not so sure that Elmopalooza is really strictly a special. Yes, I know it was released under the 30th anniversary seal/logo, but it otherwise comes across as more of a strictly Elmo-centric special; especially when you consider that it was actually produced and taped during Season 29, as evident with Mr. Handford still being part of the cast.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Assuming that Hoots and Horatio have speaking parts, I wonder who'll perform them or if they'll invite Kevin and Joey to come back. I think it would be kinda cool to see Kevin do Hoots alongside Ryan's Elmo.

datman24

Reaction score
I don't like to get my hopes up in these situations. So, unless i'm proven otherwise, i'm just gonna assume that it's archival footage with Kermit, and not a new cameo.
Typically in a script, whoever is listed as the cast characters, they will physically be in it, unless of course, it’s through pre-recorded material that was made for the project. Given how big of a milestone this is for Sesame Street, I think Disney will allow him back for just this once.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It may very well be a glorified cameo like he made for Season 40 in a new Elmo's World.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Assuming that Hoots and Horatio have speaking parts, I wonder who'll perform them or if they'll invite Kevin and Joey to come back. I think it would be kinda cool to see Kevin do Hoots alongside Ryan's Elmo.
I don’t count on it, both now live in LA

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I don't like to get my hopes up in these situations. So, unless i'm proven otherwise, i'm just gonna assume that it's archival footage with Kermit, and not a new cameo.
He might, they could bring back Linda Bove so they might bring back Kermit (just for this special)

Status
Not open for further replies.