Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You forgot to mention the part where fans demand more and/or request them to upload specific rare episodes/inserts that they likely cannot deliver.
I was referring to if Sesame Workshop, not a random fan with their own copies, put out "full" but heavily edited episodes from the real early years. Sesame Workshop would have the episodes (though there's likely legalities that would keep certain segments from an official release).

Of course if they were to put heavily edited '70s episodes online, with all or most of the street scenes, at least Muppet Wiki would most likely be able to note what's missing.

On the topic of the recent "Sesame Street Rewind" video, I feel that would make a good title for a DVD collection of old episodes or sketches, or even a good title for a rerun package.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I'm a bit annoyed . David was a good part of Sesame Street & they showed about a second of him.He was there from Season 2-Season 20 They showed Elmo left & right & he didn't come along until the 13th or 14th season I'd say. They should have showed more of David in the preview . (And yes I'll admit I have a bit of an issue with Elmo. But when someone is shoved in your face constantly in your face talking in the 3rd person, wouldn't you?)

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I'm a bit annoyed . David was a good part of Sesame Street & they showed about a second of him.He was there from Season 2-Season 20 They showed Elmo left & right & he didn't come along until the 13th or 14th season I'd say. They should have showed more of David in the preview . (And yes I'll admit I have a bit of an issue with Elmo. But when someone is shoved in your face constantly in your face talking in the 3rd person, wouldn't you?)
Well David is one of those things, where Sesame Workshop doesn’t really like talking about him. Due to what happened to him in his later life with his drug addiction and erratic behavior on set.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Well David is one of those things, where Sesame Workshop doesn’t really like talking about him. Due to what happened to him in his later life with his drug addiction and erratic behavior on set.
Kevin Clash left on not such great terms. Yet they're using old clips of his voice.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Kevin Clash left on not such great terms. Yet they're using old clips of his voice.
You got a point about that one. Maybe it’s the estate or something but I don’t know I’m just speculating

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Are you two referring to that Sesame Supercut? Because that's a fan made video, not an official Sesame Workshop-produced thing.

Though Northern Calloway had problems, I don't think Sesame Workshop is against acknowledging him or David. He was talked about in the books Sesame Street Unpaved, Street Gang (which went into a lot of detail on his various issues), and A Celebration of Life on the Street, and various David clips have been released on DVD and online over the years.

Gordon Matt

Reaction score
Are you two referring to that Sesame Supercut? Because that's a fan made video, not an official Sesame Workshop-produced thing.

Though Northern Calloway had problems, I don't think Sesame Workshop is against acknowledging him or David. He was talked about in the books Sesame Street Unpaved, Street Gang (which went into a lot of detail on his various issues), and A Celebration of Life on the Street, and various David clips have been released on DVD and online over the years.
One thing I didn't even realize until a few days ago -- and I only just saw the clip after reading about it for years -- although people often bemoan how they didn't "deal with" Mr. Calloway's real-life death like they did for Mr. Hooper -- at the time the episode aired where it was explained how David "moved away," Northern Calloway was actually still alive. I didn't even know that until a few days ago.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought it was confirmed that the grouchy waiter named Oscar was just a coincidence?