Little things we've noticed

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm guessing this was taped during that period of time where Jerry had injured his shoulder, because the blue AM clearly appears to be performed left-handed:

Hehe, classic Miss Piggy scream at the end there.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Lol, I just noticed something...
I wonder how much they rehearsed this song..
Because towards the end, starting at about the 2:43 mark you can tell Emilio forgot the words, and then he just waves his hand like "Screw it"

cjd874

Reaction score
Hehe, classic Miss Piggy scream at the end there.
This is one of my favorite Anything Muppet sketches of all time! The whole premise of the blue Muppet flubbing take after take is hilarious enough, but Miss Muffett's scream at the end just puts it over the top for me (as does Lance's sigh of resignation at the end).

cjd874

Reaction score
I love that little ad-lib from Frank:

“Lady?! I’m miss Muffet!”
Frank dominates this sketch with his ad-libs:
"Oh, Lance! What a day!"
"I think there's something wrong with my tuffett too."

I also love how the narrator gets increasingly ****** off as the blue Muppet keeps showing up in the wrong animal costume.
"Along came a spider.......ALONG CAME A SPIDER!!"
"Along came a spider....oh, no...."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I also like when the AM was dressed like a duck, he made his deadpan "what?" sound like a quack.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In Sesame Street: A Celebration - 40 Years of Life on the Street, there's pages of a proposal Christopher Cerf wrote up listing celebrities he hoped could be included in the celebrity version of Put Down the Duckie. It's at least two pages long, probably more celebrities than they could have realistically gotten, but very few of the names on there are celebrities who did end up in the song. It lists Wynton Marshalis and John Candy, and I think that's it in terms of who ended up in the final cut.

Among the celebrities on that list are Kermit the Frog (who had appeared regularly throughout the shows run) and Miss Piggy (we could have gotten a Sesame Street appearance by her!).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Most of The Countesses have been girlfriends/love interests for The Count, but Countess Dahling von Dahling is The Count's fifth cousin instead. Now that Muppet Wiki has full guides for all of season 12, I've checked "what links here" on the character and found that, for season 12, The Count and von Dahling never appear together that season. It seems most of the classic performers were less available for the show than usual this season, but I wonder if maybe they made her his cousin instead of girlfriend because it would be weird for a characters girlfriend to never have any scenes with him (it's a little less weird for a relative to not share screen time).

So she and The Count didn't appear together in her debut season, and she didn't appear in season 13 (I thought I saw a season 13 episode linked from her "what links here" page, which I thought was an existing insert, but that's not there now, I guess maybe there was a mistake, probably a different countess). The wiki still needs to complete seasons 14-19, so who knows (yet) if she pops up in those seasons?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking at the guide for episode 3784, the second-to-last episode of the 29th season, I noticed that this episode has three segments with Grover making their debuts in this one. Then I clicked on each image to see what other episodes feature them, and it turns out that all three of these Grover segments (Grover and Mr. Johnson at the ballpark, Kermit and Grover show light and dark, and Theater in the Park: Richard the Last) only appeared in this episode, never appearing in another episode, though I think they appeared internationally and I know that at least two of them were later shown on Play with Me Sesame (and are available on Play with Me Sesame DVDs).

In fact, there's been quite a few segments produced since at least the late-1990s that were clearly produced for the domestic version but never did, while they did air internationally, though English copies have made their way to fans (some aired on Play with Me Sesame, some have officially been uploaded online in English, I think some have been released on DVD). I'm starting to wonder how likely it is that classic segments produced during the 1970s and 1980s would have aired internationally but not on the domestic Sesame Street (and I don't think the wiki notes many early segments anymore that don't have a known episode number).