Disability Corner

MWoO

Reaction score
Butt monkey, huh? Is that a clinical term?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Heh, I wish.

No, but in seriousness, it has contributed to some PTSD which in return has brought in depression. I think some of it also comes in from having to hold in rage when my buttons are pushed because you don’t want to see me angry.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I have moderate asthma. It has made working a horrible experience sometimes, but now I'm an agency nurse and can do my own schedule instead of feeling trapped in a particular rut I might not be able to do. I also have chronic depression and anxiety with suicidal ideation, which gets worse during the winter months, though I've learned that like Avenue Q is only "for now" and if I can just "weather" it, I'll be okay in a month or so. Been feeling much better lately. I struggle with weight problems. I am trying to eat lower calorie foods and burning more calories, but I go to the bathroom and gain three pounds, LOL. My joints are killing me but I've been taking some senior multivitamins (I"m only 41) with lutein in it and it's been helping rebuild my joints, so that's good.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Heh, I wish.

No, but in seriousness, it has contributed to some PTSD which in return has brought in depression. I think some of it also comes in from having to hold in rage when my buttons are pushed because you don’t want to see me angry.
In fact, i’ll let this video explain what I put up with.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Honestly, as someone who was also diagnosed with depression, I think there are far too many diagnoses for depression. I think the depression comes from the lack of human connection and an ever isolating age of technology replacing human contact.
That's actually a really ignorant thing to say and a slap in the face to people who struggle with depression. Now some people say they have depression but have never been officially diagnosed. Those people I'm skeptical about. But you can't just dismiss all depression as being self inflicted. There are different kinds of depression. Some cannot help their depression because of a neurological imbalance. Some its more environmental. Being in a bad family situation, life hurling everything bad at you.

MWoO

Reaction score
I literally said I was diagnosed with depression and was specifically stating there was an abundance of diagnoses. I didn't say ALL diagnoses were false or that ANY were self inflicted.

However, the amount of people that are diagnosed with depression, ADHD, autism, etc has greatly increased. Its at a point where most people on social media state they are clinically depressed or have anxiety. You can't tell me that in the last 10 to 20 years all of a sudden tons of people are legitimately chemically imbalanced.

Again. Didn't say ALL, but the increase in diagnoses is suspect and I think it is in part due to people not being in a society that values true human connection while at the same time glorifying victimhood. More and more kids are being raised to not play outside and sit in front of a screen. Then we wonder why they grow updepressed and unable to deal with society.

I was diagnosed with severe social anxiety and depression. I tried to medicate for awhile and it made me a little more even, but I still didnt know how to deal with situations. Then I chose to ditch the meds and deal with it. I put myself in uncomfortable situations. I took a job that made me interact with people daily. Eventually, I learned how to cope to the point where I was able to give public speeches. Sure, I relapse now and then, but I don't define myself by my depression. I live with it, I don't struggle with it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah I personally just live with it myself. I have had my bad days with it though, for sure.

My suicidal thoughts last month got absolutely ridiculous. I literally had thoughts of wanting to jump off a building or put a gun to my head.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Back when I was in school, I used to have to take two pills for my attention span and they would help me focus along with paying attention.

Then a couple years back, they were cut down to just one until getting the okay to stop.

Any Del

Reaction score
I tend to stutter a lot. And I have social anxiety. Mainly due to being thrown under the bus by numerous of people and it makes me not trust anyone.