When you need to rant...

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Reading the FCC complaints about The Simpsons that were posted online really made me lose my faith in humanity. People really have gotten way too soft and the fact that they complain over the littlest things really proves this to me.
One person got offended that they made fun of The Noid. Seriously? He's not even real! What's wrong with making fun of a fictional pizza mascot? Is making fun of Chuck E. Cheese offensive to that person as well?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I'm surprised people get so worked up over fictional things. I can understand someone getting offended by jokes about celebrities, religious deities, politicians, minorities, historical icons, itc. But getting ticked off by someone making fun of something that isn't even an actual physical person, that's a bit much if you ask me. I can never click on any YouTube Poop these days without finding at least one "This ruined my childhood," comment. Oh grow up, people!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I've mentioned several times before, my biggest issue with YouTube's algorithm is that it always works against us little guys, making it harder for people to discover our content. Just yesterday, I did a quick search for the PUPPET POWER special I did several years ago to get the link for it - I had to scroll way down the results before it even showed up . . . and what's even stranger is that there were several videos with "Puppet Power" in its title, that were uploaded within the last 2-4 years, with very small viewcounts towards the top of the results, whereas my special, which was released in 2013, and has 900+ views was way down the results.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
As I've mentioned several times before, my biggest issue with YouTube's algorithm is that it always works against us little guys, making it harder for people to discover our content. Just yesterday, I did a quick search for the PUPPET POWER special I did several years ago to get the link for it - I had to scroll way down the results before it even showed up . . . and what's even stranger is that there were several videos with "Puppet Power" in its title, that were uploaded within the last 2-4 years, with very small viewcounts towards the top of the results, whereas my special, which was released in 2013, and has 900+ views was way down the results.
YouTube's search engine has gotten kind of wonky lately. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem but, there are options you can press so that you only see videos uploaded within a certain time frame. So, videos from the past month, or the current week, or the whole year, etc. But, whenever I try to set it for this week, it just shows me the normal results from any year. It's all over the place

datman24

Reaction score
YouTube's search engine has gotten kind of wonky lately. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem but, there are options you can press so that you only see videos uploaded within a certain time frame. So, videos from the past month, or the current week, or the whole year, etc. But, whenever I try to set it for this week, it just shows me the normal results from any year. It's all over the place
I’ve had that same problem, too. Hopefully, this is just a technical problem, and not a permanent fix.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Via reddit:

redditor said:
Its cuz of the new Zealand massacre, they are trying to hide people uploading videos.
Actual YouTube person said:
Just confirming that this is only temporary, and related to YouTube's efforts to better respond, review and remove graphic, violative content from YouTube. Thanks for your patience while we work through this.