The New What Made You Frown Today Thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My mom's birthday is this week. She's been sad though because she's turning 50. No, not because of a midlife crisis but something more personal. You see, her mom died around her 50th birthday so it makes mom sad to know that she's outlived Grandma. I just hate seeing her cry like that.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Got banned from a forum that I liked, even though I did nothing wrong.
How can you get banned for doing nothing wrong? Surely you broke some kind of rule in one way or another otherwise the forum would have no reason to ban you.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Today is the 4-year-anniversary of the day we brought our beloved dog, Lakota Sioux home.

By total coincidence, I happened to stumble upon this video in my YouTube suggested feed today and it really upset me.

Why did this bother me so bad? Before we bought Lakota, she had been abused by her previous owner. Whatever monster of a person previously owned Lakota. He kicked her, beat her, and just all around treated her like garbage. Whenever people were around, he pretended to love Lakota but as soon as they left the room his true side would come out and poor little Lakota would become nothing more than a punching bag to him.

So trust me, when we first saw that poor little bruised, beaten puppy shivering at the shelter. We knew that she needed to be rescued. So we took her home where she met her first friend/caretaker Rooster. Our old dog Rooster who unfortunately passed away two years ago helped Lakota get over the trauma she suffered in the hands of that sick person.

He would always gently kiss Lakota in the spots where her bruises were in an attempt to clean her up, they would play together all night and day, whenever a neighborhood cat or dog showed up unwelcomed Rooster would always scare them away just in case they were trying to hurt his special puppy friend, and he would even let her use his warm body as a pillow while they slept at night.

Seeing that video though made me think for second about how terrible that special little dog's life would be if we didn't make it in time to rescue her. She could've been bought by someone who was even worse than her previous owner for all we know.

It really makes me sad to know that we live in a world where humans treat poor, innocent dogs like that. Lakota never did a thing wrong. She's the most loving dog I've ever known who always shows her affection to all the people and other animals she meets. The fact that some horrible person would take advantage of such a sweet, gentle, and loyal dog for no reason at all really makes me sick.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I've been depressed today because I found out something terrible:My mom almost died when she was giving birth to me. I can't bare the dreadful thought of what might of been. I could've been raised without a mom because she would've passed away in the process of delivering me as a newborn. I know it never happened but ever since hearing about that I just can't get the tragic thought out of my head.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My other pair of headphones (not the wireless ones) stopped working recently, which means I'll have to throw the old ones away and get a new pair.