What sketches scared you as a kid?

AAO

Reaction score
back to the subject:

The sketch that always scared me as a kid which i'm sure many can agree is when Ernie and Bert are in Egypt and the Egyptian Ernie comes to life... It was funny but the music etc was so scary and spooky! Ernie being frightened was very rare to me on account it was Bert that was yelling in fear or anger... Never really seen Ernie frightened that much..

Another sketch/character that got me a little nervous growing up was the character that laughed all the time... i can't remember his name but he would slap his knee... "Knee-Slapper?" I'm not sure.. But his eyes were odd and he would talk with this creepy voice!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
1. I found the first skit funny (The statue knows Rubber Duckie Bert!)
2. Harvey Kneeslapper is his name & yes, he was a bit...off-putting

ISNorden

Reaction score
1. I found the first skit funny (The statue knows Rubber Duckie Bert!)
2. Harvey Kneeslapper is his name & yes, he was a bit...off-putting
You're not the only one who thought Harvey's wild hair, rolling eyes, and shrill laugh were scary. I thought he looked downright psychotic, as if the jokes he'd play off-camera were more sinister than cute. :eek:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Good thing that he was retired rather quickly then, because his shrill voice was a tax on his performer.

AAO

Reaction score
The Word is NO song for some reason scares people, I think, due to the way it was shot/filmed.. it has this odd tone to it. I actually always liked it.. it's shot in a 80's-90's MTV style.. I always thought it was weird on that part with Big Bird's feet ... just not seeing his full body always seemed to odd as a kid.. haha.. but i see wher they're coming from..

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I always liked the song too, no matter how it was shot, because the beat was something I liked, in all honesty.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
You're not the only one who thought Harvey's wild hair, rolling eyes, and shrill laugh were scary. I thought he looked downright psychotic, as if the jokes he'd play off-camera were more sinister than cute. :eek:
One other thing I found scary about him was his teeth.I wonder why he even had teeth in the first place.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
One other thing I found scary about him was his teeth.I wonder why he even had teeth in the first place.
Comedic effect? A lot of characters meant to be funny in shows often have goofy looking teeth for some odd reason.