Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Censored

Reaction score
bottom line no reason a white dude cant voice a black dude weather its for kids or adults what does it matter?
It can be done without disrespect. That is certain. Still, if you study the history of Minstrel Shows and the Amos and Andy radio program, you might understand why some are just a little uncomfortable with the idea.

RowlfFan12

Reaction score
To me, it sounds like a combination of Constantine (at first, not all the way through), Steve (only in the slightest, please don't hurt me), and of course Jim. It will take some getting used to for me, but it was the exact same way for me when I heard Matt perform Big Bird for the first time, and then Ryan perform Elmo for the first time.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
It can be done without disrespect. That is certain. Still, if you study the history of Minstrel Shows and the Amos and Andy radio program, you might understand why some are just a little uncomfortable with the idea.
Amos And Andy your talking about a show from the 50's that was racist you cant compare a show from the 1950's to a show or movie in 2017 lets be honest here a lot has changed in our country even If Trump Is trying to take us back 1,000 steps backward In time. Sorry for bringing politics into it.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I saw that when it first came out. The title makes it sound more adult than it actually is, but yes, the Muppets do cross age barriers, but that does NOT put them in the same class with South Park or Family Guy.
Not saying Its In a Family Guy or South Park Level but anywhere from Adult To Family but not Kids programing Simpsons In the classic era or Futurama maybe...

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Alright, I've been hesitant to bring this up. First off, let me make this clear: I am not Team Steve or Team Disney. I am Team Muppets.

DISCLAIMER: THIS INFORMATION HAS BEEN NEITHER CONFIRMED OR DENIED. I AM SIMPLY POSTING WHAT IS READILY AVAILABLE.

Now, there has been someone very active on both Steve's blog and on twitter, going by the names @FleeceThroat and Steve Fawner. He has been claiming to have a lot of inside info, even going as far as to release and email from Steve back from 2005.

One of the most interesting stories he told on his twitter account was about a so called "Mafia Dinner" that happened with Steve and three other performers. You can read up about it more over the course of about 20 tweets. Based on the information they sprinkled throughout, it seems two of the performers present were most likely David Rudman, and John Tartaglia. (Tartaglia I am certain, and all the hints for Rudman line up).

Also, as support to this so called "blacklist" of performers, the twitter account says the truth will be revealed when all these performers return at the Hollywood Bowl for the first time in years.

This isn't meant to start some heated argument between members, it is simply meant to shed light on a situation unfolding on the blog that some people might not know about.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Alright, I've been hesitant to bring this up. First off, let me make this clear: I am not Team Steve or Team Disney. I am Team Muppets.

DISCLAIMER: THIS INFORMATION HAS BEEN NEITHER CONFIRMED OR DENIED. I AM SIMPLY POSTING WHAT IS READILY AVAILABLE.

Now, there has been someone very active on both Steve's blog and on twitter, going by the names @FleeceThroat and Steve Fawner. He has been claiming to have a lot of inside info, even going as far as to release and email from Steve back from 2005.

One of the most interesting stories he told on his twitter account was about a so called "Mafia Dinner" that happened with Steve and three other performers. You can read up about it more over the course of about 20 tweets. Based on the information they sprinkled throughout, it seems two of the performers present were most likely David Rudman, and John Tartaglia. (Tartaglia I am certain, and all the hints for Rudman line up).

Also, as support to this so called "blacklist" of performers, the twitter account says the truth will be revealed when all these performers return at the Hollywood Bowl for the first time in years.

This isn't meant to start some heated argument between members, it is simply meant to shed light on a situation unfolding on the blog that some people might not know about.
This guy has some kind of personal issue with Steve. I personally think he is full of crap. He won't tell us who he really is, and where his sources are coming from. He is simply one of the many trolls Steve has on his blog. Some of those trolls are even here on the forum.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. We got to watch for those here Ever since I went to the Taco Bell Corporate office forum to complain about them cursing in their 'endless apps' commercial, I've had to deal with a dirty troll posting rude/nasty comments, so it's not impossible we have people like that on these forums as well. (Who knows? It could even be the same person posting here.) We'll have to keep the mods alert when these things happen.

gravy

Reaction score

So @FleeceThroat posted this on his Twitter a while ago...

It's funny cause it's true.