Muppet Pundit: The Steve Whitmire Blog

JimAndFrank

Reaction score

AfricAnimalAZ

Reaction score
I complained about Pundit trolls a while ago in a long rant - to THIS DAY they never get tired of throwing shade. I don't care what accusations they make - give me one good reason I should believe them. Also, I especially am NOT going to rely on one measly killjoy who works for or is somehow involved with Disney for the information. Everything he (or she) and other trolls say - I CALL TOTAL HOGWASH!

As I said long before, whoever has nothing decent (or at least relevant) to contribute to the blog has no place there. I know I still haven't spoken on Pundit myself yet (for now, I continue to remain a silent visitor), but I'm currently working on something, a question/comment/thought no one else has brought up - hopefully it will be addressed in another post as SW sees fit. I was actually writing it a bit after he began the blog, but it has since undergone various revisions (lengthwise). Ridiculous for a comment, I know. My only concern, however, is that trolls will be quick to lunge at it the chance they get, despite the fact that it has little to do with the termination (or nothing at all, really). Nonetheless, excited to get it out there once it's done. It's taking rather long, but ultimately, I too want my voice to be heard in that horde...and this time I mean it!

All that said, I was sort of skimming through some of the longer comments, and I read that at least one person wanted to start a support group. Is that right? I always thought that a good portion of the SW fans here and the regular visitors on his blog were that group (and yes, the "Appreciators", as they're labeled in one particular MCF thread, count). I suppose though, that while that large group is connected, there isn't an official collective circle of die-hard SW fans fighting to get him back to the Muppets (if you know where I'm going with this). To be more specific, I mean there's no "Bring SW Back" FB page, no "group" website/blog (separate from Pundit), no club(s), etc. I'm not saying we should protest as well, but an official page would at least be nice.

Don't get me wrong in the case of Pundit - many strong supporters are there, but among them are also trolls. Most of the time, it's perfectly clear who's who/what , but other times, it's hard for me to determine whether someone is a fan, a troll, in-between (or maybe just confused), or none of the above. In one instance, someone transitioned from 'fan to troll' within a matter of days, eventually leaving the blog and not turning up since (let's hope it stays that way). Perhaps a new page can solely be for the supporters (with a watchlist/filter for notorious trolls). Of course, I'm nobody to make this decision as I haven't really helped anywhere else. All I've done is sign the Change.org petition and write my input/thoughts on this forum. I'm only adding to what someone else said and can merely suggest. And I couldn't moderate or lead a page either, so that's out of the question. Who am I and what power do I have to do so? On the other hand, I can at least conjure up at this time some 'not-so-high-and-mighty' names: 'SW's Swamprats', 'Frog Fans and Friends Forever', 'The Lovers, the Dreamers, and Steve' (though someone might get irked at that and possibly flag us for copyright) and/or 'Frogs, Rats, Bunnies, and Fraggles United'. I'm sorry, I know the above are not very unique and powerful - I'm prepared for any sort of criticism, from the most constructive to the most scathing critique. I tried (and will keep trying). Anyways, the last thing I wanted to say is that if you guys do intend to create some kind of Steve superfan group, club, society, organization, whatever it is, please count me in. Hope to see you on Pundit within the coming days!

*Thank you times infinity and apologies once more for the essay-length post.

Happy posting/blogging to all and to all a good night (or day, I said night as it's night where I'm at) - until next time,

AAAZ/Saba

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Steve actually acknowledged me! Why didn't you tag me in that post? I would have seen it sooner.
I'm so sorry about that! As soon as a new Pundit post pops up, I generally come here and post the link after reading halfway through, so I'm kinda in a hurry to get back to it.