Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Zappetman

Reaction score
Nothing against Matt or anything, But I think Bill Barretta would have been a better choice to take over the role. I mean he already has taken over most of Jim's other characters like Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Mahna Mahna, and The Swedish Chef , So it would make more sense to let him take over Kermit, The Newsman, and Link. In fact Matt is the last person I would have considered to take The Frog or any Jim character as a matter of fact. I think of Matt as more of a Jerry Nelson or Carol Spinney guy then a Jim Henson guy, If you know what I mean.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nothing against Matt or anything, But I think Bill Barretta would have been a better choice to take over the role. I mean he already has taken over most of Jim's other characters like Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Mahna Mahna, and The Swedish Chef , So it would make more sense to let him take over Kermit, The Newsman, and Link. In fact Matt is the last person I would have considered to take The Frog or any Jim character as a matter of fact. I think of Matt as more of a Jerry Nelson or Carol Spinney guy then a Jim Henson guy, If you know what I mean.
Nah. I can't imagine a Kermit-esque voice coming from the guy who does the characters you mentioned, in addition to Pepe, Johnny Fiama, Bobo, Bubba, and others. Matter of fact, if it wasn't for the fact that he's explicitly credited as performing Elmo's dad, I would have never guessed in a million years it was him.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
So the heat has pretty much died down. Disney should probably post the video this Monday, but knowing them, we'll probably never see it.

And even if they don't want to post the Kermit one, why not post other ones? It was a weekly thing before the news broke out.
Yeah and I like I said before, we'll probably see Matt performing Kermit at the Hollywood Bowl..unless they just have Kermit there without a speaking/singing part like in the Thanksgiving Day Parade, but I don't think they would do that now.

We already know he's been recast so..just post it. Can't hide from us forever.