Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Old Thunder

Reaction score
How's about you actually look at some of the points other people make then and we'll keep the politics out, since you seem set against that stuff.

Censored

Reaction score
How's about you actually look at some of the points other people make then and we'll keep the politics out, since you seem set against that stuff.

Oh, it was just a suggestion. If you want to talk politics, go for it.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Good idea. To quote Linus from "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," "There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people. Religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh, it was just a suggestion. If you want to talk politics, go for it.
I didn't really mean to bring up politics, I'm not even a Trump person. I just thought it was humorous to hear the TP people claim they'd never use Jim to justify an agenda. :wink:

Randall Flagg

Reaction score
Oh I think it's done pretty well with classics like The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, the Toy Story trilogy, etc.
Yeah, regardless of whether or not people like Disney as a business, there's absolutely no way anyone can reasonably deny that Disney products, films, etc have brought a lot of joy to a lot of people for the past several decades.
(and I also agree with the suggestion of keeping politics out of this. Things have been pretty depressing in the U.S. ever since the election, and I come to message boards like this one for a bit of light-hearted escapism.)

I'm just looking forward to getting to know Matt's version of Kermit. As for taking sides between Disney, Steve, Henson, etc... nope, won't do it. I haven't worked with any of them, and I simply don't have enough inside knowledge of what really went down to take a justified position.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Well, I looked up some information about Matt Vogel. Unfortunately, he does not have all the requirements to be Kermit, so Disney is going to have to hire Steve back. There's a requirement that everyone who is to be Kermit MUST be born on September 24. Matt Vogel's birthday is October 6. He does not fit the requirements. Nope. Uh-uh. Sorry.

Please do NOT take me seriously, I am NOT being serious, this is a JOKE. I told my father that Jim and Steve had the same birthday, and he said that it was a requirement to become Kermit (my dad is a bit of a wise guy).

In all seriousness, though, I'm keeping an open mind about what Matt's Kermit is going to sound like. I'm not going to say anything more until I hear it. I just wish they'd post the Muppet Thought of the Week already and get on with it.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
Yeah, regardless of whether or not people like Disney as a business, there's absolutely no way anyone can reasonably deny that Disney products, films, etc have brought a lot of joy to a lot of people for the past several decades.
Very true. I love a lot of Disney animated movies, as well as several live action movies, and I also love the classic Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, and Goofy cartoons. I don't know why this is, but I'm drawn to things that were around before I was born.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Frank has said repeatedly that if Disney were to approach him about possibly directing a Muppet movie, that he would consider doing so, however Disney never approaches him.

With that said, we all know how tough and hard Frank can be on other performers, not to mention his tendancy to exhibit an arrogant personality, so yeah, I could see Disney showing him the door under similar circumstances as well.

Censored

Reaction score
Oh, if the question is whether Disney is doing a better job (or even just as good a job) as Jim Henson himself, the answer is a resounding “no.” But, in fairness to Disney, NO ONE could ever possibly do it as good as Jim. The closest you could have gotten to that would have been the Henson children continuing his legacy. But, Jim wanted to take a break and so did his children and it’s really not fair to expect someone to have to do the same thing their whole lives. Curiously, some of the criticism Frank Oz had about Disney making the muppets “too cute” without enough conflict, is the same that is being said about Steve’s Kermit. Hey, Jim was a tough act to follow. I really think both Disney and the Hensons are working towards getting it as close to Jim’s way as possible in the near future. Let’s give Matt a chance.