Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

Muppet Master

Reaction score
IMNSHO (and probably an unpopular one at that), I'm going to go out on a limb and say that being Kermit might have gone to Steve's head, and sometimes, a supercharged ego can cause a person to become Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, which would explain why he might have been difficult to work with (I know that's been said, and I'm sorry for repeating myself, but my brain is on overload). I also agree that it's the material that makes Kermit come off as bitter, angry, and depressed. Though Cheryl should watch some episodes of the Muppet Show, as Jim's Kermit wasn't all sweetness and light. He's had several angry moments (Loretta Swit's episode, anyone?)
Exactly! There were episodes of the muppet show where Kermit was bitter and mean, especially to Gonzo. Has she even seen the show? Either that, or she just said some random words in the moment.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Either way what I got from the video is we possibly have some new Muppet Projects on the way.. in the video Steve said they just had a conference call with all the puppeteers and them saying they all need to rest up for all the work they have coming up. So that's good
I just realized that we might not be having a lot of new projects coming up that we don't know about. For one, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade was shortly after this, they probably started taping the Muppet Thought of the Weeks videos soon after, and the Hollywood Bowl show has probably been in the planning stages since then. Not trying to be a downer, just don't want everyone getting their hopes up.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I also agree that it's the material that makes Kermit come off as bitter, angry, and depressed. Though Cheryl should watch some episodes of the Muppet Show, as Jim's Kermit wasn't all sweetness and light. He's had several angry moments (Loretta Swit's episode, anyone?)
Yeah. I know what you mean. If anything, it's the opposite, I always felt that Steve's :smile: was a bit more mellow than Jim's, except as I mentioned before even Steve's had his share of outbursts too, especially in MTI and VMX. So I definitely agree it has more to do with the writing rather than who's performing him.

Censored

Reaction score
You know, I really think Steve should have kept quiet about all of this. I mean The Jim Henson Company has been through a lot already. They could have parted ways quietly and then none of this would have happened.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Lol, that would be funny. I know at least one case where a studio demanded an actress stop performing a character outside a TV show. Not sure what the rule is generally, but probably it depends on the specific case.

I'm so sorry, I'll keep you in my thoughts. ::hugs::
yeah, i know one too.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It looks that way! I can't believe it was announced that we will be getting it this week but never did
Yeah. Seems like they are trying to avoid showing someone else as Kermit for the time being. Though it is strange when you think about it. Back in '09, Kermit was performed by someone else completely unexpectedly and Artie's Kermit made two or three appearances around that time. Now that we know someone else will be performing Kermit we're not seeing any of his new material. I wonder what's up with that.