Questions about anything

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So what is up with all of these bands and singers who aren't American? There seem to be a lot of them from foreign countries lately.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
They said the same thing in 1964 about the Beatles and all the bands that followed them. Rolling Stones, Animals, Kinks, Yardbirds,etc. etc. etc.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
There have been a huge amount of British artists ever since the 60s (The British Invasion, or as I like to call, the great musical cultural exchange.) In addition to the bands Fuzzygobo mentioned, over the years we've had artists like Blondie, Adele, Amy Whinehouse, Jessie J, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Duran Duran, Natasha Bedingfield, Arctic Monkeys, Queen, Ed Sheeran, Lorde. The list goes on and on. This really isn't anything new, tbh. And it goes both ways, the Brits get a lot of American music too.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So does anybody know why it's taking so long for the Back to the Future trade paperbacks to come out after the end of its storyarcs? I was looking at the Back to the Future Wiki to see when some of the storylines I'm really interested in (Who is Marty McFly?, Biff to the Future) come out as well as when the last issues come out, and they seem to be really long. The last issue of Who is Marty McFly? came out this past month and the trade paperback comes out in June, while Biff to the Future ends around June or July but the trade paperback comes out in October. So that's about a three or four month wait after the individual issues come out (though considering the first issue of Biff to the Future is coming out now, I could just buy each issue when they are released instead of waiting for the trade paperback). I also checked and saw that the first two trade paperbacks came out two months after the storyarcs were completed, so they've extended the release time.

Though this does answer something I didn't realize before. I read about those arcs and thought they had all been released (and thought it'd been a short amount of time for them all to have come out), I'd also been looking for them at comic book shops but only saw the first three (I picked up the first two, not really interested in Citizen Brown) and wondered why those were so hard to find. So now I know that Citizen Brown and Biff to the Future are side-stories as opposed to part of the main Back to the Future comic book series.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There have been a huge amount of British artists ever since the 60s (The British Invasion, or as I like to call, the great musical cultural exchange.) In addition to the bands Fuzzygobo mentioned, over the years we've had artists like Blondie, Adele, Amy Whinehouse, Jessie J, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Duran Duran, Natasha Bedingfield, Arctic Monkeys, Queen, Ed Sheeran, Lorde. The list goes on and on. This really isn't anything new, tbh. And it goes both ways, the Brits get a lot of American music too.
Blondie's American and Lorde's Australian. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is the mail so slow now? I mean I sent a mail order to a guy in Jersey over a week ago and he still hasn't received it. Not only that, I sent a friend some things in the mail a few days before Christmas Eve - anticipating she would receive it by Christmas Eve - and she didn't even get it till a week after Christmas.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Why is the mail so slow now? I mean I sent a mail order to a guy in Jersey over a week ago and he still hasn't received it. Not only that, I sent a friend some things in the mail a few days before Christmas Eve - anticipating she would receive it by Christmas Eve - and she didn't even get it till a week after Christmas.
Yeah, whenever we send something to our relatives on the east coast, it can take anywhere from a week to even a month to get there! But whenever they send something to us, it usually only takes a few days :grouchy:.