The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not sure. I found his YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/jaspersawyer

I actually like what I'm hearing so far: the music is good, and his voice sounds great - even better than it did when he was in school (and he sang in the school choir).

Admittedly, I do remember from school days that he could be kind of an a-hole at times . . . especially in Grade 6, I remember one day he lashed out at me for absolutely no reason, and we ended up late to our first period classes because we spent so much time yelling at each other in homeroom. We did eventually make amends though, and he was a lot nicer in Grades 7 and 8, but he still could be something of a snob since he was one of the most popular kids in school. He was kind of a decent guy otherwise, certainly very talented, and it's amazing to see that talent of his is leading him on the road to success.

Now I'm kind of curious to see if any other people I went to school with have gotten anywhere in their chosen career paths. . . . I'm pretty much embarrassed to admit I'm a flop.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I found his YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/jaspersawyer

I actually like what I'm hearing so far: the music is good, and his voice sounds great - even better than it did when he was in school (and he sang in the school choir).

Admittedly, I do remember from school days that he could be kind of an a-hole at times . . . especially in Grade 6, I remember one day he lashed out at me for absolutely no reason, and we ended up late to our first period classes because we spent so much time yelling at each other in homeroom. We did eventually make amends though, and he was a lot nicer in Grades 7 and 8, but he still could be something of a snob since he was one of the most popular kids in school. He was kind of a decent guy otherwise, certainly very talented, and it's amazing to see that talent of his is leading him on the road to success.
Very talented indeed. I just listened to some of his music and it sounds pretty good. I really like that song he has called "Daisy". And it looks like he has a decent following (of mostly thirty-something year old women). Very nice voice.

Now I'm kind of curious to see if any other people I went to school with have gotten anywhere in their chosen career paths. . . . I'm pretty much embarrassed to admit I'm a flop.
Ah, you shouldn't be embarrassed. You've had a passion for years and you've stuck with it. Not everyone can claim that. A lot of people give up on their dreams during college. You sir, are very admirable.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And it looks like he has a decent following (of mostly thirty-something year old women).
Ahahaha! Yeah, just about all the girls were chasing him in school - particularly every year on Valentine's Day, he'd get mobbed with giant stuffed animals and giant boxes of chocolates - sounds like they're still chasing him after all these years, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is AVATAR now suddenly a Disney property? Because they're turning it into a theme park attraction. :eek:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
While it's not technically a cuss word, they got away with using the term d*ldo completely uncensored in a recent Family Guy episode. It really shocked me that they could use such a vulgar term on the air during the day (this wasn't at night either, it was on TBS right at the time most kids get home from school), :eek:.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
While it's not technically a cuss word, they got away with using the term d*ldo completely uncensored in a recent Family Guy episode. It really shocked me that they could use such a vulgar term on the air during the day (this wasn't at night either, it was on TBS right at the time most kids get home from school), :eek:.
I don't think that many kids watch TBS. And i'm sure if they watch Family Guy, they've seen and heard worse. Besides, the show talks about sex all the time. Now, i'm not saying kids should hear about sex all the time (depending on their age and understanding of it) but if they watch the show, and if their parents let them watch it, than they know what they're gonna be getting at this point. It's not so much the network's responsibility to monitor what children watch, it's their parent's.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I don't think that many kids watch TBS. And i'm sure if they watch Family Guy, they've seen and heard worse. Besides, the show talks about sex all the time. Now, i'm not saying kids should hear about sex all the time (depending on their age and understanding of it) but if they watch the show, and if their parents let them watch it, than they know what they're gonna be getting at this point. It's not so much the network's responsibility to monitor what children watch, it's their parent's.
Some kids watch stuff behind their parent's backs, like how Bart used to sneak Itchy & Scratchy in the early Simpsons episodes. I had a friend who watched practically every episode of Robot Chicken and his mom had no idea what it even was. I didn't do things like that when I was a little, but I've known people who did. My mom even admitted to watching Benny Hill behind her mom's back as a kid.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Today, somebody younger than me actually called me "Mr. Scarbrough." OMG, that made me feel so old! ><

Is it normal to feel so old even when you haven't even reached thirty yet?