Sesame Street Special "Once Upon a Sesame Street Christmas"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I've before, my only criticism of Leslie (albeit minor) is a lack of vocal range - many of her characters sound like a variation of Abby. But then again, Frank was kind of the same way in the past, many of his one-shot and incident characters sounded like variations of Bert.

As for Two-Headed Monster, since they've always basically spoke in monster gibberish, I think it's a little easier to overlook changes in their performers, even though there are noticeable differences: Jerry and Richard gave them deeper, gruffer, and somewhat more subdued voices, whereas Joey and David sounds like Baby Bear and Papa Bear with sore throats after having eaten porridge laced with speed.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
As I've before, my only criticism of Leslie (albeit minor) is a lack of vocal range - many of her characters sound like a variation of Abby. But then again, Frank was kind of the same way in the past, many of his one-shot and incident characters sounded like variations of Bert.
My main criticism of her is that her manipulation isn't that great (case and point: "Do You Hear the Cookies Crunch?" in the Les Mousserables bit). I guess I'm biased because there are plenty of other Muppeteers who aren't either (Brian M, Fran [though she improved] and even Jerry, though that might have been a deliberate thing I hear). I don't why I can't get past it with her the way I can the others.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
My main criticism of her is that her manipulation isn't that great (case and point: "Do You Hear the Cookies Crunch?" in the Les Mousserables bit). I guess I'm biased because there are plenty of other Muppeteers who aren't either (Brian M, Fran [though she improved] and even Jerry, though that might have been a deliberate thing I hear). I don't why I can't get past it with her the way I can the others.
So i'm not the only one that noticed that! Compared to the other characters in that scene, Leslie's looks really awkward and stiff. Although, besides that segment, I don't really see any problems with her performing, although I kind of see what your talking about with Fran and Jerry. However, what they lacked in puppeteering, they more than made up for with their fantastic characters. In fact, I think Fran and Jerry are the two greatest character creators in the history of the show.
As I've before, my only criticism of Leslie (albeit minor) is a lack of vocal range - many of her characters sound like a variation of Abby
That used to drive me crazy, especially since for a while it seemed that she played almost every single female that appeared on the show. Same thing with Joey, most of his characters sound like Murray/Stinky, so it used to annoy me that he played so many characters.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess I'm biased because there are plenty of other Muppeteers who aren't either (Brian M
Vocal-wise, Brian, to me, was one of the more versatile performers they had, but I agree, there was something about his manipulation, moreso his lipsyncing, that I always found somewhat . . . odd. Rusty from the Camp Echo Rock story arc is perhaps the best example I can think of, where you can see rather than hitting each individual syllable when speaking, his mouth looks more like he's just chattering indistinctively as he speaks.
That used to drive me crazy, especially since for a while it seemed that she played almost every single female that appeared on the show. Same thing with Joey, most of his characters sound like Murray/Stinky, so it used to annoy me that he played so many characters.
With the exception of Cookie Monster, I guess the same could be said for David as well. That, and perhaps Snort from Bunny Picnic, but otherwise, almost all of his characters sound like variations of Baby Bear . . . I was actually thrilled, in a way, to hear his voice as Miss Poogy in THE MUPPETS (2011), if only because I don't remember David performing outside SST since maybe TMI. Same could be said for Marty, he worked outside SST a little in his early years (the farmer from Bunny Picnic, for example), but seems like he too performs to SST exclusively.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I meant MTI (MUPPET TREASURE ISLAND). I really need to proofread my posts more often, my typos and misprints are becoming more and more common lately.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot to mention; Considering they had an hour long story it was a little disappointing that they didn't make use of more characters. Rosita, Telly, Zoe, Baby Bear, Snuffy, Prairie Dawn- it would've been nice if they had at least gotten a line or two.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 do you knlow where I can find online the Halloween episode from season 46? Thanks!
Sorry. That one I haven't been able to find. If I come across it, I'll let you know.

I meant MTI (MUPPET TREASURE ISLAND). I really need to proofread my posts more often, my typos and misprints are becoming more and more common lately.
Didn't Dave (Rudman) perform the Chef on Muppet Christmas Carol? After all, that was before MTI.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes, as well as Kermit/Bob and Piggy/Emily's son Peter, and Old Joe (though not the voice). But what I was saying is up till THE MUPPETS (2011), I hadn't seem him really perform much with the Classic Muppets since MTI.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I know exactly what you mean, they didn't have a permanent performer for Scooter or Janice until a few years ago. I guess Dave's SS schedule kept him busy for quite some time.