Disability Corner

123Sunny

Reaction score
My mum has chronic migraines, so I've seen exactly what they can do to a person. Even though some new therapies an medicines she's on help, she still can have trouble saying words right, though not as bad, more just mispronunciation. She's gotten the auras and all the things you've mentioned too.

My bro and I have had them too nowhere near chronically.

123Sunny

Reaction score
Now it's time for me to talk about a cartoon who treats learning disabilites in a positive way which also happens to be one of my favorite webtoons:Happy Tree Friends. You may not know, but I've always had OCD-like tendencies my whole life, while I was never diagnosed with it:Mom kind of diagnosed me on her own. When I was little, Mom started noticing both obsessive and compulsive behaviors in me for example:when I was into Neopets as a kid, I felt like I had to have a picture of every single Petpet in the entire game to where it became an obsession and these behaviors would continue as I got older. Anyway, I give the Happy Tree Friends writers nothing but praise for making Petunia:a character that portrays OCD in a positive way. She's portrayed as normal (bar a few episodes) despite having OCD where most characters with OCD are portrayed as outright weirdos. I feel so happy that an adult cartoon finally represented a disorder I may have in a positive way where most adult cartoons like Family Guy and South Park would only make fun of that, :big_grin:.
That show's a little violent to me, but that's awesome. I agree that OCD is hardly ever portrayed any way then as comic relief weirdos. The new show Speechless also portrays disabilities incredibly well. The main character has cerebral palsy, which is more a physical disability, but the way he gets treated is so relatable and real to me. I recommend it to anyone!!

Anyone else seen this show??

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
That show's a little violent to me, but that's awesome. I agree that OCD is hardly ever portrayed any way then as comic relief weirdos. The new show Speechless also portrays disabilities incredibly well. The main character has cerebral palsy, which is more a physical disability, but the way he gets treated is so relatable and real to me. I recommend it to anyone!!

Anyone else seen this show??
I've seen Spechless. It's funny, especially because Barry Kripke from The Big Bang Theory is in it, :big_grin:.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I had a friend all through elementary school who had Aspergers. He was a very nice, extremely smart, straight A student kid but something about him concerned me:he couldn't tell the difference fiction and reality. He thought Transformers, the cars from Cars, and Spongebob were actually real. The teachers would frequently tell them that the stuff is made up, but he didn't believe them. This really worried me because I thought that one day, he might see a horror movie or read a creepypasta and try to kill somebody because of it (like those girls who tried to sacrifice their friend to Slenderman and killed her). I constantly thought about and prayed for this boy and the teachers tried to hard to break him of this, until one day, he was talking to the teacher about Transformers and I heard him say,
"Transformers aren't real, their just a movie!"
I was relieved to hear that, but I have a question:Is not being able to tell fiction from reality a common symptom of Autism? I have something very similar to Autism and I've never had that problem (nor has anybody else I know with the disorder), I knew Muppets were puppets when I was 5-years-old, but anyway, I'm not trying to offend anybody, I'm just curious!

Luke kun

Reaction score
I have Aspergers. I'm obsessed with Touhou, Toonami, ReBoot, and Mega Man right now, as well as Muppets (a bit). @DipperDude yes I have had that too, especially when I was younger, I still have crushes on fictional people, right now it's TOM from Toonami. I'm afraid of weird things and if something is irrational it's usually for 2 days and then it's gone. My mantra is "fear is the mind killer" (I heard that in Rez but it pre-dates it)

I'm really smart for a 14-year-old and have been writing since I was 10. I want to write scripts for movies and web animations and stuff. You might even mistake me for a 21-year-old.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have Aspergers. I'm obsessed with Touhou, Toonami, ReBoot, and Mega Man right now, as well as Muppets (a bit). @DipperDude yes I have had that too, especially when I was younger, I still have crushes on fictional people, right now it's TOM from Toonami. I'm afraid of weird things and if something is irrational it's usually for 2 days and then it's gone. My mantra is "fear is the mind killer" (I heard that in Rez but it pre-dates it)

I'm really smart for a 14-year-old and have been writing since I was 10. I want to write scripts for movies and web animations and stuff. You might even mistake me for a 21-year-old.
I want to be a writer as well and don't worry about fictional crushes, I currently have a crush on this lovely lady:

I know she's a chipmunk, but I am still attracted to her. I also kinda like Roberta from The Cleveland Show and Lurleen from The Simpsons. I also have weird fears myself like when I was little I was scared of the Yip-Yips from Sesame Street and now I have a fear of getting my clothes wet, not kidding in the least.