Hanna-Barbera

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's no greater evidence to that than "Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf." The main story doesn't seem like it could fit a standard Scooby-Doo episode slot, so it somehow turns into a road race. And I swear it did because they had a Wacky Races "movie" concept and partially written script that wasn't considered strong enough for a full 90 minute telefilm. And even then the road race drags into filler. Repetitive monster puns about the cars overtaking each other make up the last over a half hour of the film, and it gets tiresome after the third time.

It's not a bad film, just one that should have been a half hour shorter.

mr3urious

Reaction score
You know, it would be interesting if the upcoming Flintstones and Jetsons films (and I'll throw in the Scooby-Doo film for good measure) would go the round of The Peanuts Movie and translate that flat, limited animation style of the original cartoons into CG. It may be more difficult, but it would certainly give it a unique look compared to everything else out there.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
You know, it would be interesting if the upcoming Flintstones and Jetsons films (and I'll throw in the Scooby-Doo film for good measure) would go the round of The Peanuts Movie and translate that flat, limited animation style of the original cartoons into CG. It may be more difficult, but it would certainly give it a unique look compared to everything else out there.
Are those still coming out? Or are they trapped in the "rumored" category?

Muppy

Reaction score
Are those still coming out? Or are they trapped in the "rumored" category?
I really hope they are still coming out, but I haven't heard anything about them in a while. :sympathy:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the HB 50th Anniversary (a.k.a. "Yabba Dabba Doo!")? It features a ton of cross over sequences with the various HB characters, including some of the cartoon pairs performing the "Teamwork" song from "Road to Hong Kong." Behind the scenes footage of "Jetsons the Movie" is also shown. Clips were on YT for some time, but have since been taken down.

Some other crossover moments:

Drtooth

Reaction score
(Slaps self on forehead)...

Just realized, I should've posted those Japanese Flintstones ads here. For the benefit of those who haven't seen them in the other thread they're posted in, I post the link to that post.

Anyway, here's the last one I could find, though incomplete and short...

It comes in about 18 seconds in, and actually makes them look good.

Now, all I want to know is why these happened and what the deal was between the Japanese banking company and American Hanna Barbera was. And also how HB reacted to the...very off model, very 1980's Japanese animation.

Strangely I can't find any clips of the actual Flintstones in Japanese to compare voices that one time Fred talks in one of those, nor can I find their version of the theme song.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
A few months late, but...
http://www.slashfilm.com/hanna-barbera-cinematic-universe/

Interesting for sure. But there's not a whole lot that can be said unless further info develops. Still, I'd be thrilled if the classic HB characters were (properly) brought back.

Then of course there's this. Not exactly in love with giving everyone super DC designs, but I get what they're going for. And even though I never really got into HB's action-adventure shows, that crossover series with Jonny Quest, Space Ghost, Birdman, et al looks pretty kick butt!

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/0...-and-more-are-getting-comic-book-reimaginings

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
A few months late, but...
http://www.slashfilm.com/hanna-barbera-cinematic-universe/

Interesting for sure. But there's not a whole lot that can be said unless further info develops. Still, I'd be thrilled if the classic HB characters were (properly) brought back.
I think I saw this a couple of months ago but must've forgotten this thread existed. But that's really cool, I can't wait to see them finally revive some of their properties that aren't Scooby Doo or Tom and Jerry or some terrible live action reboot with CGI animals like that 'Yogi Bear' movie.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Indeed. These properties deserve to be introduced to a new generation in a proper manner. Though I don't know how The Jetsons and its satire on an optimistic future full of amazing technologies would work today seeing how many of the tech in that show (video phones, flatscreen TVs, smart watches, etc.) came true.