Sesame Street shrinks to 30 minutes, new shows will premiere on HBO and PBS nine months later

What is the biggest major change Sesame Street has been through in the past 46 years?

• Total voters

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Actually I think it's better for the show to start in January if the sources are right reliable so we can so we can have a fresh start of sesame.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
They say that HBO will be the premiere destination to "Classic" Sesame Street episodes. When they say Classic, how far back are they gonna go?

ssetta

Reaction score
They say that HBO will be the premiere destination to "Classic" Sesame Street episodes. When they say Classic, how far back are they gonna go?
They'll probably only go back 10 years or so, maybe even 5.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
They'll probably only go back 10 years or so, maybe even 5.
Sesame dosen't consider anything post 2001-ish to be classic so surely they mean from at least 14 years ago,especially considering they still show episodes from 5 years ago on PBS. Keep in mind that Murray became the host 6 years ago and no one considers Season 40 to be classic.

This is part of the official statement from Sesame Workshop :

"By now you’ve probably heard the exciting news that Sesame Workshop is partnering with HBO. This means that HBO will be the premiere destination for all of Sesame Street’s first-run episodes, as well as other Sesame Workshop shows such as Pinky Dinky Doo, The Electric Company, and Classic Sesame Street episodes. PBS will continue to broadcast Sesame Street episodes. New episodes will air on PBS nine months after they debut on HBO."

So by the looks of it, they mean actual classic episodes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Something tells me it will be a small selection of earlier episodes that they'll probably have on HBO Go.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, and it appears that the half hour version has replaced the full hour version, as I said to someone on another thread. But at the same time, they removed the second showing of the show (again, my affiliate, yours may vary wildly).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Something tells me it will be a small selection of earlier episodes that they'll probably have on HBO Go.
I hope not, a lot of people have seen these already, the same episodes were on Sesame Go, Netflix and iTunes. It's time for a new set of episodes!