Your Thoughts: The Muppets Character Encyclopedia

muppzd

Reaction score
I doubt they'll come out with a second edition. I mean how well do you think a book that's most famous featured character is Droop or Digit or Bill Gill and Jill will sell.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I doubt they'll come out with a second edition. I mean how well do you think a book that's most famous featured character is Droop or Digit or Bill Gill and Jill will sell.

I would expect a "second edition" to include most of the same content but also more characters and maybe updated info. I would expect a second volume to just have characters not in the first. That's why I thought a second edition would be more likely. A second edition would still have all the main characters, so casual fans who didn't buy the first edition would still know many of the characters, and completists would buy the second copy for the additional characters.

SkeetScootSquat

Reaction score
I would expect a "second edition" to include most of the same content but also more characters and maybe updated info. I would expect a second volume to just have characters not in the first. That's why I thought a second edition would be more likely. A second edition would still have all the main characters, so casual fans who didn't buy the first edition would still know many of the characters, and completists would buy the second copy for the additional characters.
Hey......How about a die-hard supreme-fan supa-dupa- 'dition featuring the same content, more characters 'n' info, and lists the puppeteers! my muppetized, Dave Golez lovin' cranium is workin' away! hmmmm....maybe 3 pages dedicated to Link Hogthrob....... ''smiles contently'' :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like the "main image" of some characters isn't really the right image for their main image. Somebody already pointed out that the main image of Hilda was of her in a wig, but also: the main image of Rufus is of him wearing a bus drivers cap which covers his eyes (and the other picture there is of Muppy instead of Rufus), and the main image of Clifford is from a trading cards set which had him dressed as a famous musician (don't know who off-hand).

SkeetScootSquat

Reaction score
It seems like the "main image" of some characters isn't really the right image for their main image. Somebody already pointed out that the main image of Hilda was of her in a wig, but also: the main image of Rufus is of him wearing a bus drivers cap which covers his eyes (and the other picture there is of Muppy instead of Rufus), and the main image of Clifford is from a trading cards set which had him dressed as a famous musician (don't know who off-hand).
Too true,Too true.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if including an image of Muppy on the Rufus page might have been done on purpose, as a joke on how the book says they hate being mistaken for each other. Though if it was a joke, it's probably lost on casual readers who don't even know either character.

I know that Shemin made a list of over 200 characters to include, which Disney shortened. I'd like to know which characters he's most surprised Disney objected to, and which he's least surprised Disney didn't object to including. Of the characters who did make it into the book, I'm most surprised about Splurge, Rufus, and Spa'Am.

SkeetScootSquat

Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if including an image of Muppy on the Rufus page might have been done on purpose, as a joke on how the book says they hate being mistaken for each other. Though if it was a joke, it's probably lost on casual readers who don't even know either character.

I know that Shemin made a list of over 200 characters to include, which Disney shortened. I'd like to know which characters he's most surprised Disney objected to, and which he's least surprised Disney didn't object to including. Of the characters who did make it into the book, I'm most surprised about Splurge, Rufus, and Spa'Am.
What about Sam and Friends? I,personally,was blown away by their appearance.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What about Sam and Friends? I,personally,was blown away by their appearance.

Yeah, but I had already expressed how surprised I was about their inclusion a few times. The ones I mentioned being surprised by are characters who I knew were owned by Disney.

It's a shame Blind Pew wasn't included. He's a lot better than Spa'Am.

muppzd

Reaction score
Could it be because Blind Pew is a character from the books while Spa'am is not? I mean I don't really no much about public domain and copy right laws and what not but I wonder if that could be the reason.